It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think the club know more about the players and their physical capability than BM posters, and if the club are only offering Gundogan a 1 year contract then there will be sound reasoning behind it.
I agree and the club especially on the transfer front is run brilliantly. However, even if let’s say he didn’t have two years in him physically- surely you could sell him next summer anyway rather than lose him on a free this summer. They obviously believe that he can do one more season otherwise they wouldn’t be offering anything

2 years for Gundo is a no brainier for me.

He’s as good as he’s ever been right now and his game iQ and lack of pace I don’t see a big decline between 32 and 34 for him.

That being said Silva could still do a job here but City like to move people on and move forward with new players.

Suspect it’s a bit more nuanced than him wanting two years and us just offering one. If it was that simple we’d get a deal done.
How so?

It seems like a big impasse potentially. I’m sure wages aren’t much of an issue.

I agree and the club especially on the transfer front is run brilliantly. However, even if let’s say he didn’t have two years in him physically- surely you could sell him next summer anyway rather than lose him on a free this summer. They obviously believe that he can do one more season otherwise they wouldn’t be offering anything
We would get peanuts tbh, and he deserves to leave on a free, be that this year, next year or whenever.

How so?

It seems like a big impasse potentially. I’m sure wages aren’t much of an issue.
I think, like Bernardo, he possibly fancies a change. Newly married, new kid, and Barcelona is probably pretty appealing to him and his wife. Probably more so than Manchester, if we’re being honest.

He’s given us seven years of excellent service, particularly as he only cost £21m, so wouldn't begrudge him a move if it was for personal reasons.

Wondering how Rice would fit in. Part exchange deal with Phillips included would be a good way to go.

Potentially we could have Rice playing the midfield/defender role that Stones takes up. Have Stones, Dias and Ake at the back with Rice dropping in to help out when needed but also pushing further up the field as the water carrier.
I'd take Tonali at AC Milan over Rice in a heartbeat...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.