It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Which is great but I come back to, would he come not being sure of being first choice when he could walk into Arsenal,united, chelsea. liverpool,newcastle.
Second would we spend £100 mill for a back up, when we may well need to spend that sort of money to replace Bernardo and Gundogan, maybe Laporte and Cancelo too ?
If the answers yes to both then I’m all in, I just doubt it would be myself.
It depends on his personality. How quickly could he pick up the patterns of play? How quickly can he integrate into the squad (socially)? How does he look after himself? If he fulfills all the criteria then he plays alongside rodri, ahead of Stones Dias and Gvardiol.

Would it be too gready wanting Rice (exchange with Phillips) with Bellingham and Gvardiol? £250m spend + Phillips. Losing Bernardo and Gundugan is brutal but Rice and Bellingham would certainly soften the blow.

It depends on his personality. How quickly could he pick up the patterns of play? How quickly can he integrate into the squad (socially)? How does he look after himself? If he fulfills all the criteria then he plays alongside rodri, ahead of Stones Dias and Gvardiol.

Would it be too gready wanting Rice (exchange with Phillips) with Bellingham and Gvardiol? £250m spend + Phillips. Losing Bernardo and Gundugan is brutal but Rice and Bellingham would certainly soften the blow.
If Bernardo and Gundogan leave I think we need 2 midfielders quite different to Rice, we probably need to replace Laporte /Cancelo. If Phillips goes then we also need a more defensive midfielder which could be Rice, except I don’t think he plays the CB/DM hybrid role as well as Stones can. If we can afford all that, if Rice wants that challenge then I’m fine with it. That said I’m not certain at all Phillips goes.

I think we can afford to lose 1 only of these 2 incredible players.
Bernie is the more longstanding wantaway and therefore it may be easier persuading Gundo to stay.
On the other hand Gundo is 4 years older which means a replacement will be needed sooner rather than later.
In terms of playing style I think Ilkay is more difficult to replace.
It's a conundrum.

Suspect it’s a bit more nuanced than him wanting two years and us just offering one. If it was that simple we’d get a deal done.
The guy has overcome serious injury issues to be a huge part of this club, the strain on body and mind to do that will have taken their toll, maybe he things it's time to take a step back, La Liga is less frantic, less demanding.

Sometimes however sad, it's best to leave with the fans wanting more, it would be sad to see such a wonderful player go into decline.

The best signing in the Pep era for me, and that's some achievement.

I think we can afford to lose 1 only of these 2 incredible players.
Bernie is the more longstanding wantaway and therefore it may be easier persuading Gundo to stay.
On the other hand Gundo is 4 years older which means a replacement will be needed sooner rather than later.
In terms of playing style I think Ilkay is more difficult to replace.
It's a conundrum.
problem is imo its much easier to offload gundogan than bernie, there aren’t many clubs in europe outside the prem that could pay the fee we’d want

Should be mate! I like Rice to be honest, could certainly add some steel in the midfield for us and seems to push on further forward at times for England? Added advantage of being able no doubt to play CB as well and DM? Would we still go for another midfielder though?

If we have a few midfielders leaving then I'd lile both Rice and Bellingham to come in. If we cannot get Bellingham, I'd be pretty happy with Rice: Pep would get the very best out of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.