It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I’m sure they have a strategy. Rice one throws a spanner because he was clearly wanted at the price we wanted to pay, and this to me means City know someone else is off.
Rice imo was never a replacement for Gundo, that was Kovacic who they wrapped up when we knew Gundo was off.

The squad as it stands is class, with Gvardiol added it’s outstanding. We have to wait and see and be patient whilst we see what happens with Bern & Mahrez particularly.

I think you’re right on Rice and I’m guessing it’s because the club believe Bernardo has decided to go. Would also explain why we went for Rice so late in the day.

I think our squad is absolutely brilliant but we’re short numbers in midfield and while Kovacic will replace Gundogan and he will be more physical, he lacks a little of Gundogan’s creativity and goals.

My fear is next season is that though adding Gvardiol will mean we’ll concede less, Haaland will still score lots but overall we won’t score enough.

I think we need someone else in midfield who can pick a pass. KDB is 32 and can’t play every match, we need someone else to share the creative burden. Foden potentially could but he’s often the guy making the run rather than picking the pass to the runner.

The rotations for next year don’t look too terrible on paper.

We’ve got Bernardo/Kova/ Foden for LCM

De Bruyne/ Foden/ Alvarez for RCM

Foden, Mahrez, Grealish, Bernardo for
wing rotations

Rodri, Phillips, Stones, Rico for the pivots

So it’ll be pretty similar to last years except with Bernardo starting in midfield instead of gundo imo. As long as Bernardo stays everything works, without him, could be in some trouble.

I thought this was going to be a proper squad refresh season, but it appears not. There was talk about 4 or 5 new faces and now it's looking like 2. Should have gone after Mac Allister before the dippers got him.
His agent is in with Fenway. No wonder he went so cheap without any other bidders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.