It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think performance wise Ota is similar to VVD. He may not command quite the same fee due to the VVD hype and also because Ota is a couple of years older. But they fundamentally are not very different performance wise.

I couldn't disagree more, VVD is twice the defender Otamendi is IMO, but I'm bored of seeing the same Otamendi vs. VVD argument in this trhead every other day and I'm sure everyone else is too so I'll just say that if you really think Otamendi is as good as VVD then yeah he's worth about £40m.

I couldn't disagree more, VVD is twice the defender Otamendi is IMO, but I'm bored of seeing the same Otamendi vs. VVD argument in this trhead every other day and I'm sure everyone else is too so I'll just say that if you really think Otamendi is as good as VVD then yeah he's worth about £40m.
Wouldn't mind getting VVD to City :-)

Do You think Otamendi is worth £60 million then?

If VVD is worth £70 million then yes, close to. Especially if it's to by far and away the best team in the World.

Only City fans would think we should sell a defender who plays every week for City to Madrid for less than Liverpool were going to pay for a Southampton defender with 12 good months behind him..

And I don't particularly rate him.

Like to quantify that

Who have you seen praise Otamendi as a purchase who isn't a City fan?

Because, quite seriously, I've never seen anyone say "that was a good buy" or "he's a good defender for City". Not one. And I consume an unhealthy amount of football media, from 10 podcasts a week, MOTD, MNF, 5Live every night and probably 10 games a week, and I've never heard any player or pundit say he's a great player.

Go on to opposition fan or neutral forums and he's seen as a complete joke as well.

It's only amongst City fans that he's thought of as being good enough, and even that is very divided.

I don't think it's questionable that his reputation has taken a massive dive since joining us.

Who have you seen praise Otamendi as a purchase who isn't a City fan?

Because, quite seriously, I've never seen anyone say "that was a good buy" or "he's a good defender for City". Not one. And I consume an unhealthy amount of football media, from 10 podcasts a week, MOTD, MNF, 5Live every night and probably 10 games a week, and I've never heard any player or pundit say he's a great player.

Go on to opposition fan or neutral forums and he's seen as a complete joke as well.

It's only amongst City fans that he's thought of as being good enough, and even that is very divided.

I don't think it's questionable that his reputation has taken a massive dive since joining us.

You could just as easily replace Otamendi with Sterling in that quote, yet Sterling can do no wrong in your eyes.

Hardly keen just suggesting a possibility. Yea bale has had some injuries, but so has sergio in his time. You cant write off what is one of the worlds best 5 players simply because he's had a few injuries... in such a case aguero himself would be also have been written off ages ago.

Roberts being linked with permanent move away, with this feeling that pep doesn't rate sterling too much, led me to that long shot.

Stoke fan hey taking the piss. All posters should have who they support at the side of the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.