It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a feeling we are close to a deal for a striker especially after weeks of the iheanacho to Leicester talk and it only just being anounced maybe we were waiting until we had a deal secured just a hunch.

Think your very close to the truth

Nacho going is the key to signing another attacking player

Would prefer Mbappe, Sanchez or Dembele but can't see either being signed

Aubameyang may be a possibility

Im of the same opinion mate.
I always go back to the barca away leg last season if we had Jesus or any of the other two mentioned there is no way he would av them on bench and not starting . I'm pretty sure Sergio is going no where this summer the only way that could change now for me is if messi pipes up and says go get me Sergio he could have alot of influence.

After the recent flurry of ins & outs has anybody done a head count of our squad? Please?

Its interesting looking at the "Guess the team" thread just how many people are predicting that there'll be at least one youngster on the bench at Brighton. If you assume that we'll always have a couple of injuries (Mendy & Gundogan at present) and that players such as Mangala, Delph, Nasri etc all leave, we look a couple of players light at the moment. I hope we do see a few youngsters on the bench this season, but out of choice rather than necessity.

Wonder if at some stage with little movement on our striking targets we decide to go with our existing forward line and draw a line in the sand and Chuck the money at Soon from the 2 defenders we fancy from there.

I'm having difficulty understanding the constant waves of 'if Mpappe/Sanchez/both come Sergio will go' on here. Are posters saying that for commercial reasons (we can't afford all 3) or footballing reasons? If it footballing reasons, I think thats crazy. Of the four strikers we would have Sergio is still the best out and out goalscorer proven over his career. He struggled a little to come to terms with exactly what Pep wanted from him at first but proved beyond doubt in the last third of the season that he gets it and can do it. Why would we let him go? Why wouldn't he continue to be our first pick, until either Mbappe or Jesus prove themselves consistently better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.