It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, indeed. Assuming we add a centre half and a forward (and those surplus to requirements leave) then we'll have 20 senior pros this season which should provide greater opportunities for youngsters to break through.

It would also give us more than enough players to compete imo.

An extra body here & there is not going to make the difference when we have 20 quality players imo. We are either good enough as a team or we aren't.

Well, indeed. Assuming we add a centre half and a forward (and those surplus to requirements leave) then we'll have 20 senior pros this season which should provide greater opportunities for youngsters to break through.
If we don't get the CB & CF signed, with Mendy & Gündogan out injured as well, then the youth will HAVE to at least get on the bench, otherwise we won't be able to fill one!

Ederson
Walker Kompany Otamendi Danilo
Fernandinho
Sterling De Bruyne Silva Sané
Agüero

Subs:
Bravo
Stones
Touré
Foden*
Roberts*
Bernardo
Jesus

The trouble is our most suitable subs are all out on loan. One big injury to Mendy and Walker and Danilo are playing 3 times a week for six months. We've got youngsters at attacking mid but that's where we are deepest.

And if we don't bring another forward in we've got rid of Navas, Nolito and Nacho with no replacement.

Personally I think we need

Homegrown LB
CB
Striker/winger

And with all the injuries and bans we take across the season we could still give decent chances to the youth players that aren't already on loan.

The trouble is our most suitable subs are all out on loan. One big injury to Mendy and Walker and Danilo are playing 3 times a week for six months. We've got youngsters at attacking mid but that's where we are deepest.

And if we don't bring another forward in we've got rid of Navas, Nolito and Nacho with no replacement.

Personally I think we need

Homegrown LB
CB
Striker/winger

And with all the injuries and bans we take across the season we could still give decent chances to the youth players that aren't already on loan.

All true, but look at the players we had.

Apart from Kelechi's goals tally, how much better off would we be, with Kolarov playing 3 times a week if Clichy had been injured, or Navas having 20 games rather than making a weekly choice between Pat Roberts, Diaz, Foden, & several other kids ? And that's after using DeBruyne there or Bernardo Silva, who plays Navas' position, for Portugal.

We are already miles stronger in every department, than last season imo, apart from if Vinny gets injured.

All true, but look at the players we had.

Apart from Kelechi's goals tally, how much better off would we be, with Kolarov playing 3 times a week if Clichy had been injured, or Navas having 20 games rather than making a weekly choice between Pat Roberts, Diaz, Foden, & several other kids ? And that's after using DeBruyne there or Bernardo Silva, who plays Navas' position, for Portugal.

We are already miles stronger in every department, than last season imo, apart from if Vinny gets injured.
Yeah I think my number one position to fill would be full back because we know it's such an important position and I just don't see cover in the kids that are still in Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.