It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sancho to Spurs today. Bit gutted given his potential, but c'est la vie.

Nice to see him go going back to London after talking about how Manchester was great because it got him out of the "hood."

He left because he thought his path to the first team was blocked right? I don't see him having an easier path at Spurs, they have some quality attackers on the bench. Does he expect to play PL matches this season? He will play cups games there just like he would at City.

That's a shame.

It will be interesting to see how he goes. If the whole homesick, went home every week thing is true, it could go really well for him or really badly - particularly as he said himself that one of the reasons for him leaving there in the first place was bad influences.

On the pitch he's a long way from the finished product and i'll be surprised if Pochettino uses him before he's 18.

Very good player, went about leaving in a very bad way though, he may be 17 but just running away and not answering phone calls isn't the way to do things, which is a poor reflection on his advisers as well and makes you wonder what they'll tell him to do at 19/20/21 if he does well but Spurs aren't winning things and in the CL every year. Apparently we could get up to £4m for him which is a silver lining.

If he's a star, they'll get him a move, if he isn't they'll let him rot.

If I was Pinocchio, I'd have him on the bench as soon as he's match fit. He's pretty certain to star in their reserve team when fit, so it will be merited. One good ten minute spell at Wembley, & it will create a buzz round the ground. If he makes no big impact, you lose little, as 'he's only a kid' so it's expected, but he gets a boost from it.

That's the win win situation City have forgotten about, over the years. It's like a free hit, but we can't see it.

If he's a star, they'll get him a move, if he isn't they'll let him rot.

If I was Pinocchio, I'd have him on the bench as soon as he's match fit. He's pretty certain to star in their reserve team when fit, so it will be merited. One good ten minute spell at Wembley, & it will create a buzz round the ground. If he makes no big impact, you lose little, as 'he's only a kid' so it's expected, but he gets a boost from it.

That's the win win situation City have forgotten about, over the years. It's like a free hit, but we can't see it.

Pochettino has his own existing talent though. Marcus Edwards, Kaziah Sterling, Phoenix Patterson is another they're hyped up about. Pochettino doesn't strike me as someone who'll just drop them for the new kid, he'll make him work to get ahead of them.

Smart kid, come to City and get the best schooling around for a few years and then move back home.

Hopefully others don't follow his lead.

That's the worry. If we earn a rep as *just* a finishing school we'll miss out on hordes of talent.

Nice to see him go going back to London after talking about how Manchester was great because it got him out of the "hood."

He left because he thought his path to the first team was blocked right? I don't see him having an easier path at Spurs, they have some quality attackers on the bench. Does he expect to play PL matches this season? He will play cups games there just like he would at City.

In fairness, Spurs have shown that if you are good enough you are old enough. I've not seen loads of Sancho but if he is as good as people say he is, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in and around the 1st team on a regular basis.

That's the worry. If we earn a rep as *just* a finishing school we'll miss out on hordes of talent.

I take it the fee will be set by tribunal? If so, how do they go about determining the fee out in such a crazy market? If I remember correctly we received approx £6m for Sturridge but that was in a much calmer transfer market. If Sancho went on to be an international in the current market, he would be worth upwards of £50m.

Don't know too many 17 year olds that have got the promises of fast tracking and senior game time as him, Brahim and Foden.

If he leaves, he leaves. We've got players in similar circumstances so I'm not going to complain too much. But if he talks about opportunity "fuck right off".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.