It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be on my own thinking we should go for Barkley.

There's an extremely good player in there gone stale at a club that's done nothing to help him improve, with managers that have failed to nurture the talent he has. Koeman possibly could but I wouldn't blame Ross for thinking he needs a change.

With a manager like Pep and a player like David around him every day, it could be the making of the lad. Worth the risk ten fold even if it's just to replace Delph or Fernando.

I'd rather take the risk it ends in tears than watch him flourish somewhere else for what will probably be a decent price given his contract situation.

Well, I do. I want us to be the best team naturally and it annoys me when I hear about us haggling over a couple of quid over a key player and risking it.

The rags will make some signings, it's unavoidable. If the officials can't cheat them the Europa win on Wednesday, then they'll miss out on a few targets, but I'd expect them just to throw even more millions at others to strengthen the most expensive flop in the history of football.

The key for us is making our targets. Bring in a group like Ederson, Sandro, Walker or Semedo, Fabinho and Sanchez as rumoured and the rags can go fly a fucking kite. Add a solid window like that onto what we already have and we are out of sight again.

As for the haggling, give it time. I have a feeling, and I feel @tolmie's hairdoo has alluded as much, we aren't messing around as much this summer. Let's hope once the window opens officially everything starts falling into place quickly :)

There's an extremely good player in there gone stale at a club that's done nothing to help him improve, with managers that have failed to nurture the talent he has. Koeman possibly could but I wouldn't blame Ross for thinking he needs a change.

With a manager like Pep and a player like David around him every day, it could be the making of the lad. Worth the risk ten fold even if it's just to replace Delph or Fernando.

I'd rather take the risk it ends in tears than watch him flourish somewhere else for what will probably be a decent price given his contract situation.
Not on your own, I said previous page I think he's a cracking player.

@Rammy Blue

I agree. If we can get him for an acceptable price (to the club, not us lot) then do it. I think he'd flourish under Pep and without players.

We cant fuck around the slightest in this transfer window. Even if it means over paying we need to do all we can to secure our targets and strengthen.

The rags are going all out to secure a number of high profile targets asap with many far down the pipeline with complete disregard for the amount of money spent.
I'm told to expect them to break the transfer record potentially more than once this window.

The good thing is the rags have virtually no strategy and are taking the "scatter gun" approach.

The source is a very senior investment banker and a fellow blue who knows ed Woodward.
As a certain soaked t'fuck bullying pissed up purple nosed piss reeking bitter shitcan once said "they can't buy everyone"

He's fucking gash and the opposite of what Pep wants in a player.

I certainly wouldn't describe him as "Gash". He has the second highest number of assists this season of any English player in the Prem. In fact I think he's exactly what Pep wants as long as he still has the commitment to learn and push himself and I believe we've been tracking him for quite some time...

Can't help but think the DM position is another paramount position (along with keeper and 2 full backs) that Pep will obviously address. I think we should have a look at Asier Illaramendi. Lovely weight of pass can get around the park and is at a perfect age to coax Garcia through and alleviate the burden from Yaya. Not sure what the cost would be as he's just had another great season at Sociedad with 4 years left on his deal. I remember watching the Spanish u21 team that had...well everyone in with him and Isco the two standouts hence why Real bought them both...

That would be the problem, he would just be an expensive replacement for a squad player. He would receive the best coaching from Pep but he's not going to be a regular starter. Without regular game time he's very unlikely to flourish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.