It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post. Deals of such a nature are done through relationships and access.

Real Madrid are probably the only club in the world who don't have anything against us.

It could also be pertinent that Perez was in Monaco for our game and that King Juan Carlos was a guest for the Liverpool game.

The last time he visited the Etihad, Abu Dhabi gave Real £400m to renovate the Bernebeu.

If Sergio is leaving, then he's already boxed-off and we are acting accordingly with his replacement.
Every meeting has a reason?

Good post. Deals of such a nature are done through relationships and access.

Real Madrid are probably the only club in the world who don't have anything against us.

It could also be pertinent that Perez was in Monaco for our game and that King Juan Carlos was a guest for the Liverpool game.

The last time he visited the Etihad, Abu Dhabi gave Real £400m to renovate the Bernebeu.

If Sergio is leaving, then he's already boxed-off and we are acting accordingly with his replacement.

I'm not as convinced as you that the lay of the land has already been established vis a vis Kun. I suspect that there's a reluctance on both Pep's part and on Aguero's part to commit one way or the other to going or staying.

I think it may be a similar scenario at Madrid in that I don't see them necessarily being ready to commit to Aguero without knowing the lay of the land with regards to the rest of their summer targets + Mbappe and Zidane have history. I can fully see a scenario where ZZ demands Mbappe over Kun on the basis he's younger, hungrier, and he knows him.

A lot is still on the table so to speak IMO. Nobody is going to know which hand to play next until the CL latter stages become clearer and the respective domestic season's come closer to a close.

I'm not as convinced as you that the lay of the land has already been established vis a vis Kun. I suspect that there's a reluctance on both Pep's part and on Aguero's part to commit one way or the other to going or staying.

I think it may be a similar scenario at Madrid in that I don't see them necessarily being ready to commit to Aguero without knowing the lay of the land with regards to the rest of their summer targets + Mbappe and Zidane have history. I can fully see a scenario where ZZ demands Mbappe over Kun on the basis he's younger, hungrier, and he knows him.

A lot is still on the table so to speak IMO. Nobody is going to know which hand to play next until the CL latter stages become clearer and the respective domestic season's come closer to a close.

All plausible, although it does appear Real are more inclined to indulge Zidane's love of Hazard.

I think this summer will be more complicated than last summer in some respects and less complicated in some. I think for sure there'll be MUCH more competition for players than there was last summer. In England Chelsea will be much more competitive than last summer, and United will be as competitive. The contractual situations of several players at Arsenal means it could be a summer where they are more active than normal in the market place. If Liverpool get CL football they will almost certainly try and operate at that level for a deal or two.

Outside England, the big issue is that Madrid no longer have a transfer ban and having not spent much of anything in a couple of season's they'll be desperate to land a marquee if not two marquee players. Barcelona with a new manager incoming will also want to spend although the number of players they can spend on will be limited. Juventus and Bayern I think are less of a threat because i don't see them as being in the market for an Mbappe type simply because of the costs involved. However you would never completely rule either club out of trying to sign any player. They are the top clubs in their respective leagues after all!

What will make things less complicated is the lack of an international tournament this summer. It means that I expect players will be ready to decide their futures almost as soon as the season. Hopefully that means there'll be fewer protracted transfer sagas that City are involved in. Whatever happens it's a big summer for not just City but almost all the top clubs across Europe with the exception of Juve/Bayern.

I think the competition for players will be as it's always been. What's vitally important is that we get our deals over the line quickly. The Euros hampered us hugely last summer, and it's of paramount importance that the new players have as much Pep time as possible.

I've been looking over the squad, and despite Peps insistence that over ten players won't leave, I'm adamant they will:

Hart, Bravo, Sagna, Zaba, Mangala, Vinny, Clichy, Yaya, Nasri, Navas, Nolito, Bony and Kun could all go. Obviously I assume everyone at the club already knows who's going and staying, and it's ironing out details to transfer some of the contracted players.

What I'm hoping for to an extent is the likes of Bony will even have suitors lined up, the new PL money means even the likes of West Brom can easily splurge £30m on a player.

I think Real will cough up for Hazard and Sergio - that's thick end of £200m right there and completely fits the profile of established superstars with the looks and pedigree to go straight in to the team.

Fits their MO, for sure. Don't know about Hazard, but I feel it's either Real or Atleti for Kun with PSG a potential outlier. If he leaves, that is.

Successors to Modric/Benzema certainly would be essential for Zidane to acquire this summer, particularly if Morata and Isco move on.

When it comes to Mbappe, he won't get a guaranteed starter slot at any top club.

I suspect our main rivals for his signature will come from United and Chelsea.

You'd have to imagine if we are able to match the rival offers, and let's face it - the rags will be one of them, then the Pep factor would be a difference maker. Few would sign for the rags simply to play under Mourinho, but already it's made a difference for us having Guardiola in getting Jesus.

I have to ask though, if we are in for Mbappe then where does that leave our reported interest in many others in their squad (such as Fabinho, for example)?

While that may be so for Zidane, los blancos generally maintain a persona of signing established "galacticos", rather than gambling on younger talent. Letting another team get Mbappe then haul him in at 25 would be more their style.

Still, as for Aguero, it seems to me that neither player, nor club, nor manager are happy with the status quo. Kun isn't doing the business reliably and if Gabriel Jesus were fit he wouldn't be starting, that's just a fact. Yet he's too good to be benched for anyone and can walk into any other starting XI. That's a big reason that makes me feel he could leave at the end of the season.

Fits their MO, for sure. Don't know about Hazard, but I feel it's either Real or Atleti for Kun with PSG a potential outlier. If he leaves, that is.

Successors to Modric/Benzema certainly would be essential for Zidane to acquire this summer, particularly if Morata and Isco move on.

You'd have to imagine if we are able to match the rival offers, and let's face it - the rags will be one of them, then the Pep factor would be a difference maker. Few would sign for the rags simply to play under Mourinho, but already it's made a difference for us having Guardiola in getting Jesus.

I have to ask though, if we are in for Mbappe then where does that leave our reported interest in many others in their squad (such as Fabinho, for example)?

While that may be so for Zidane, los blancos generally maintain a persona of signing established "galacticos", rather than gambling on younger talent. Letting another team get Mbappe then haul him in at 25 would be more their style.

Still, as for Aguero, it seems to me that neither player, nor club, nor manager are happy with the status quo. Kun isn't doing the business reliably and if Gabriel Jesus were fit he wouldn't be starting, that's just a fact. Yet he's too good to be benched for anyone and can walk into any other starting XI. That's a big reason that makes me feel he could leave at the end of the season.

Mbappe does not impact on any other player we also wish to sign from Monaco.

Bakayoko to Chelsea, it would appear.

Monaco are open for business.

I would take £55-60m plus Isco for Sergio, simply because it serves two purposes?

Isco solves a longer term problem we will have when Silva eventually declines/Yaya leaves.

And means Mbappe effectively costs us £20m.

Golden rule of the transfer window
It's not done till it's done

Mbappe does not impact on any other player we also wish to sign from Monaco.

Bakayoko to Chelsea, it would appear.

Monaco are open for business.

I would take £55-60m plus Isco for Sergio, simply because it serves two purposes?

Isco solves a longer term problem we will have when Silva eventually declines/Yaya leaves.

And means Mbappe effectively costs us £20m.

Roman's not going to let Hazard leave this summer regardless of the offers on the table according to Belgian news site which has good contacts within the Hazard camp and within Chelsea. Roman wants to invest 200 million to have a crack at the CL next season. Can see that being the case. If they don't get Hazard then I think Kun going there will become MUCH more likely as they will want to mitigate that snub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.