It's time to buy a new TV

Do you own the grainfather pal ?
Televisions can be the devils work but they can also be tuned to channels that educate and stimulate the mind.
The History channel is incredible and a lot of the programmes on the discovery channel are educating and informative..
I like watching Byrr Grills and his ability to survive in hostile terrains.
This has kept me safe on more than one occation in little Hartley.
Another favourite is how things are made.Amazing informative watching.

The only thing that grates me with the TV land is the adverts.
Every ten minutes the same repetitive loop of brainwashing by engaging us all in deceptive subliminal advertising which we are unaware of.
By bypasing our unconcious minds using subliminal techniques the foul cads tap into the vulnerabilities surrounding our unconsciousness manipulating us in many ways.No one likes to be sunconsiously controled but it's happening right now as we speak so be very careful out there as it can hurt your wallet.
Fairy liquid is the numero uno of washing up liquids is it not ?
Well actually no it's not and Aldis Magnum washing up liquid beat it into second place in controlled settings.
Magnum is less than half the cost of Fairy and washes more dishes than this brand aware item.
But by invading your mind and subcontious brain they make you drop Fairy into your basket like some compliant Stepford wife high on mogadon.

Black Friday is now less than two weeks away but dont forget to spare a thought for cyber Monday as a back up contingency.
I shall do an unboxing video and quick demo on receipt.

Nothing else to do tonight so I am going to do some research on calibration techniques on the AV and other sources.
Can't warrant £300 for a professional set up so will follow recomendations of the web for my chosen ware.
Funny thing is my Sony 50" bravia is ten year old and apart from putting it movie mode have done little else with it.
More or less straight out of the box but the technological advances of these new 4k sets require more consumer effort on the setup side.
Not yet mate, it's on order and will be arriving soon.

I agree with your sentiments regarding educational tv (adult especially), and your damn bloody right about the adverts, especially these Yankee fuckers!. I watch the walking dead but find it very annoying that every 5 minutes there's a fucking advert fucking break.

I use magnum in our house and can vouch for how good it is.

I may buy a new devil box, but don't know if I want to replace my LG 42 plasma.

Ok there has been Movement in two of my selections.
I anticipated this as Black Friday approaches because they need to sell tellies right now and not in two weeks time.

Richer sounds will be my prefered shop if the deal is good because they have a 6 year guarantee thrown in.

The Hisense M7000 65 inch is now down to £1149

The Samsung ks 7000 series 65 incher with quantum dot technology is down to a mouthwatering £1599
A drop to £1350 on the B.F would make me get this over the Hisense M7000
http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue65ks7000/sams-ue65ks7000

Lol. It seems some days I don't notice it then other days with a long ball it leaves a big trail. Most noticeable on kids CGI animation shows/movies

I know on older builds of LCD´s it was a problem but I thought it had been sorted with 100Hz or higher refresh rates and better technology ?
Your plasma choice is somewhat restricted now of course.

Ok there has been Movement in two of my selections.
I anticipated this as Black Friday approaches because they need to sell tellies right now and not in two weeks time.

Richer sounds will be my prefered shop if the deal is good because they have a 6 year guarantee thrown in.

The Hisense M7000 65 inch is now down to £1149

The Samsung ks 7000 series 65 incher with quantum dot technology is down to a mouthwatering £1599
A drop to £1350 on the B.F would make me get this over the Hisense M7000
http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue65ks7000/sams-ue65ks7000

What did you decide on?

I hope to the blessed virgin that even though she never existed, she still has power to guide your hand and pick the best one.

My 26" ex Rental, resplendently encased in a cabinet of three whole trees still works. Just as well, as we can't move the fucking thing.

16 months ago got a 50" Polaroid from asda for £299.
Was worried about being Polaroid but i thought hey ho at that price..

Just before Xmas the only port of the 3 HDMI ports I've been using stopping working. Checked, and the others didn't work either.
I remembered from a few months earlier I went to use my hardly used xbox and it wasn't working but through laziness really i swapped cables rather than go into diagnostic mode - but the point is the problem with the HDMI ports started earlier - probably within 12 months of buying it.
Did a factory reset but had no joy. I thought the help line might suggest a firmware update but didn't mention it, they only said its covered for 12 months if you have a receipt - which I have. The guy said email it to me and they will refund a percentage to me. The helpline was actually an asda number, the guy was very helpful but sounded like they get this thing all the time. He's not emailed me back yet but I'm hoping to get a decent amount back and I can't see then wanting the set back either AND through faffing about 1 port has actually started working again - which will do me but, well needless to say avoid Polaroid!

16 months ago got a 50" Polaroid from asda for £299.
Was worried about being Polaroid but i thought hey ho at that price..

Just before Xmas the only port of the 3 HDMI ports I've been using stopping working. Checked, and the others didn't work either.
I remembered from a few months earlier I went to use my hardly used xbox and it wasn't working but through laziness really i swapped cables rather than go into diagnostic mode - but the point is the problem with the HDMI ports started earlier - probably within 12 months of buying it.
Did a factory reset but had no joy. I thought the help line might suggest a firmware update but didn't mention it, they only said its covered for 12 months if you have a receipt - which I have. The guy said email it to me and they will refund a percentage to me. The helpline was actually an asda number, the guy was very helpful but sounded like they get this thing all the time. He's not emailed me back yet but I'm hoping to get a decent amount back and I can't see then wanting the set back either AND through faffing about 1 port has actually started working again - which will do me but, well needless to say avoid Polaroid!
Tell them to fuck off. You want it repaired, replaced or refund of the full amount.
The sale of goods act covers your arse on this.http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product
Better still, if you purchased it on a credit card get the card issuer to take the matter up on your behalf.

Silver surfer remember that you can be covered outside of any warranty period.
Its called fit for purpose.

A TV costing £500 that failed a few months out of warranty can not be considered as being fit for purpose.

Birddog birddog bat 21 out.

Taxi-man can you tell me in brief terms what do you get extra for your money for the M7000 series instead of the M5500. Is the extra money worth it?
My budget would cover the 65M5500 or the 55M7000. In your opinion would bigger be better for the sake of less spec?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.