Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sancho may have been more eye catching recently, but watching the EDS match the other night, i thought Diaz put in a more mature performance and generally looked as though his game was a bit more polished. Understandable since he's a bit older.

I think Sancho may have been more eye catching recently, but watching the EDS match the other night, i thought Diaz put in a more mature performance and generally looked as though his game was a bit more polished. Understandable since he's a bit older.

His game is definitely more polished. You're right there. Recently Brahim's been stuck out wide, but when he's playing as a no.10 he's a proper playmaker, and very effective for it. He shows an intelligence and understanding of the game's pace that I'm not sure Jadon *quite* has yet. There's only 5 months in age between them, so they're both very, very young. Hugely rate both, but for me Sancho is still behind Brahim, and possibly Foden, in terms of being ready. There's no mad rush for any of them to be honest. 16, 16 and 17.

Looking to next season with possibly Nolito and Navas not being here, could Sancho step up as a squad player?

He would be 17/18 next season? Surely he could cope with the minutes Navas has had this season?

It would be great to see Sancho , Brahim and Foden eased in next season, they would be the perfect understudies for Sane , Jesus and Sterling

The most exciting group of forwards in Europe

They are both amazing young talents...end of. For me there is no point debating which one is better at this stage of their development. I am just thankful that we have such exciting players coming through.

They are both amazing young talents...end of. For me there is no point debating which one is better at this stage of their development. I am just thankful that we have such exciting players coming through.

Yep. Spot on.

It's perfectly possible to compare them and still appreciate all their talents.

Just to mention that, although he didn't have a great game in the shambles at Salzburg, he actually looked fully capable of competing with their more 'battle hardened' players & imo, like Tosin, would have been 200% better if he'd had the right support alongside him.

He looks almost ready to me & may have gone past Diaz in that respect. Sancho running at players & passing the ball to Gabriel Jesus or Aguero, would be somewhat different to running at players & passing to Nemecha.

Just by virtue of the type of player he is (a fast tricky winger) I think he'd be more suited to first team football at this stage than Brahim, in the same way that Sterling was ready at 17 to play in the Premier League whereas Silva at the same age wouldn't have been.

Just to mention that, although he didn't have a great game in the shambles at Salzburg, he actually looked fully capable of competing with their more 'battle hardened' players & imo, like Tosin, would have been 200% better if he'd had the right support alongside him.

He looks almost ready to me & may have gone past Diaz in that respect. Sancho running at players & passing the ball to Gabriel Jesus or Aguero, would be somewhat different to running at players & passing to Nemecha.

Every time I get a look at the youth teams, it's Diaz who stands out most for me. What I like about the two of them is their work rate.

Every time I get a look at the youth teams, it's Diaz who stands out most for me. What I like about the two of them is their work rate.

The workrate is good.

I don't go very often anymore due to watching tons of talent rotting & being binned in recent years, but I've always put Diaz as first in line of the youngest ones.

Just looking at Sancho last night though, he was regularly beating players who are physically well ahead of the City lads, & then he was looking for a team mate rather than just dicking about, as he was a year ago. Playing the ball in & making runs for a return pass etc.

I just thought he was playing something close to first team type football, while most of the others had lost the plot. I recon he's reaching the stage where he could come on, in a first team game & possibly cause a bit of mayhem. I wouldn't mean him staying in the side, just cameo appearences. I think he's almost there. Barker was in a similar situation a few years ago & never got the chance when he was on top form.

I think Sancho is approaching that point, where it's worth just chucking him in for ten mins & see if he does something. If he does, it moves him right up there. If he doesn't, it shows him what he needs to improve on. He's that little bit bigger than Diaz, which could make it easier for him at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.