Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said he's leaving, just that it's very possible. It's a genuine possibility which the club are taking very seriously.

If he goes abroad I don't think that there is an obligatory development fee

If he moves in the UK expect a development fee between 4 and 5 million based on the Campbell award. Campbell was not on scholarship terms

Last edited:
Yeah it's because of this. City set a contract signing deadline. Wasn't met.

That sounds like very negative news then. Quite a big carrot City have dangled with an opportunity to tour the US with the first team and show Pep you are potentially worth a squad place and there is also a contract there for you...

To miss that deadline suggests he is probably off. If his heart isn't in it to stay with us then he needs to go and we have to wish him the best. Can't blame the kid for feeling a bit homesick. Although I thought he was happy to "escape" London initially...

Would have loved seeing him get some time on the pre-season tour though.

Cheers.

Very bad news then.

Yes, but I think there's a point where enough is enough and Pep seems to have reached that point.

As people have said over the last few pages, he's been offered the biggest contract any 17 year old in history has been offered. He's been promoted as fast as possible at every opportunity. He's been involved in first team training a lot from the age of 16 and he's been offered a place on the preseason tour.

Check Spurs/United/Liverpool/Chelsea's touring parties - there aren't any players from Sancho's age group on tour. I don't think any of them get to train with their first team regularly like Sancho does.

So if he's not happy after being so pampered, perhaps it's time for a tougher stance? Perhaps a reminder that we have some other very talented players who will have the time of their lives on tour, and might work their way into some games on tour and some more cup appearances in the autumn.

And if he goes, he goes, you have to take the stance that our scouts will find more very talented players like Sancho, and our coaches will work with them like Sancho and as good as he is, he's not a one-off.

Check Spurs/United/Liverpool/Chelsea's touring parties - there aren't any players from Sancho's age group on tour. I don't think any of them get to train with their first team regularly like Sancho does.

There aren't many who have the talent of Sancho, though. If he goes overseas then I think fair play to him. If he misses London and goes there, the same I guess.

Yes, but I think there's a point where enough is enough and Pep seems to have reached that point.

As people have said over the last few pages, he's been offered the biggest contract any 17 year old in history has been offered. He's been promoted as fast as possible at every opportunity. He's been involved in first team training a lot from the age of 16 and he's been offered a place on the preseason tour.

So if he's not happy after being so pampered, perhaps it's time for a tougher stance? Perhaps a reminder that we have some other very talented players who will have the time of their lives on tour, and might work their way into some games on tour and some more cup appearances in the autumn.

And if he goes, he goes, you have to take the stance that our scouts will find more very talented players like Sancho, and our coaches will work with them like Sancho and as good as he is, he's not a one-off.

He is the one who is supposed to show how the academy is 'working'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.