January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are going to reply that post, you might as well state what your objections to the points I have made in that post rather thsn post random images of Pep.
Thanks,however,i'm happy with the relevance.It definitely isn't random :-)

Thanks,however,i'm happy with the relevance.It definitely isn't random :-)

It would however be no laughing matter for both us and Pep if United and Mourinho won the title and/or one of the cups due to our lack of depth. Likewise I am still waiting for you to state your actual disagreements with the views I have expressed in my post.

Deluded. Simply deluded. No one is going to dominate English football these days, this is not the 1990s anymore. At best top clubs in England can hope for the occasional title.

Deluded. Simply deluded. No one is going to dominate English football these days, this is not the 1990s anymore. At best top clubs in England can hope for the occasional title.

It is true that the Premier League is more competitive than lets say the top leagues in France, Germany, Spain and Italy thanks to the high amounts of Domestic/European TV Money (Which is also more equally distrbuted than most) and to a lesser extent high matchday revenue. Which in turn inflates transfer fees and allows all the clubs to buy/retains players which they would otherwise be unable to do so.

However the fact remains is that though our owners we have more financial resources than any of the other clubs and if we actually made an effort to bypass FFP (via the 4 ways I suggested earlier), we would be able to pinch the best players of the other clubs in the Top 6 (and to a lesser extent the main European Clubs) and "persuade" the FA/EPL to relax the squad rules to allow for a much stronger strength in depth in our squad. That would allow us to dominate the EPL in the same way PSG, Bayen, Juventus, Real and Barcelona do in their leagues.

It is true that the Premier League is more competitive than lets say the top leagues in France, Germany, Spain and Italy thanks to the high amounts of Domestic/European TV Money (Which is also more equally distrbuted than most) and to a lesser extent high matchday revenue. Which in turn inflates transfer fees and allows all the clubs to buy/retains players which they would otherwise be unable to do so.

However the fact remains is that though our owners we have more financial resources than any of the other clubs and if we actually made an effort to bypass FFP (via the 4 ways I suggested earlier), we would be able to pinch the best players of the other clubs in the Top 6 (and to a lesser extent the main European Clubs) and "persuade" the FA/EPL to relax the squad rules to allow for a much stronger strength in depth in our squad. That would allow us to dominate the EPL in the same way PSG, Bayen, Juventus, Real and Barcelona do in their leagues.
We don't need to bypass ffp in order to be the best in the league/Europe. This will happen soon enough without pissing uefa off. We waited 34 years for a trophy so a couple more is nothing. This isn't fifa cheat mode.

We don't need to bypass ffp in order to be the best in the league/Europe.

We need a squad which 3 WC/Quality players in each position (4 in the case of striker), to afford that in a inflated transfer market we would need to make the most of our resources and bypass FFP. It would be a different story if transfer fees remained largely as they where in the late 90s.

This will happen soon enough without pissing uefa off.

Quite frankly though, UEFA does derserves a pissing off in light of their actions of late.

We waited 34 years for a trophy so a couple more is nothing.

I can wait as long as needs be as long as we are in the right direction, which we are not with the squad at least.

This isn't fifa cheat mode.

When you have clubs like Chelsea, Manchester United, PSG, Monaco, Bayen, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan and Juventus using cheat mode for decades (in some cases), it is only fair that we do the same and beat them at our own game.

No way we be spent over 150 million next few years max say be 80 million on one or two players

Thing is £80 million would barely be enough to replace Aguero (whose going either next season or the season), let alone getting another DM, another AM, another LB, 2 more CBs and 2 wingers. All of wholm are badly needed for a side like ours.

Last edited:
We are not in position to threaten UEFA, they would ban us from Europe in instant if we started doing like you are saying. PSG might even face a ban if they don't find €80m from somewhere that is organic revenue, not dodgy deals.

But keep living in your fantasy world. Maybe one day you will wake up and face the reality. City are just like any other club, we can only spend what we generate from our own revenues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.