January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Sanchez is off, let’s get what we really need.

-LB
-CB/DM

Jesus couldn’t come back any sooner. Pointing out the obvious, but assuming we roll with our first XI, we don’t have any reliable goalscorer who can make a strong impact off the bench or that has the pace that can change the game.

Aside from that, we really need a CM (to keep Dinho healthy & at his best), LB (Danilo can’t cut it & Delph is too injury prone) & a CB (they could give good competition, rest & gives the option to play 3atb). Danilo isn’t all that & I think his ceiling is pretty low, isn’t that pacey either. I also wouldn’t trust him at all in any CL or big match at LB. Hoping we splurge big on attacker in the summer as well

Last edited:
Sorry but he's fucking horrendous defensively.

I think Masuaku would be a big risk but I think if we look at where we stand right now we're going to be bad defensively almost not matter what. I can't even think of an extremely good LB who is good defensively AND on the ball who will be available in Jan. What was very evident in today's loss to Liverpool is that we are not immune to a press. As the competition gets stiffer in the CL and cup finals, we can expect that we'll see less and less of the parked bus we've seen to this point and more teams will look to replicate what Klopp did today. To me, if we are going to insist on playing out from the back and playing football, we need 11 press resistant players on the pitch. We weren't press resistant enough today and I think the FBs need to be better at making space and offering options if we're to handle this in the future. With all of that in mind, if we can find a winger type who we think can do the job better than Zinchenko/Sane in some type of wing back role and we think they can help us against a similar press I think they'd be useful. As strange as it sounds after we just shipped a bunch of comical goals to Liverpool, I'd definitely prefer we find a ball playing but weak defensively LB to fill this void than sign some positionally sound defensively sound LB who can't handle the pressure. I think we would be fine even with Zinchenko in this position against parked bus teams most of the time so an upgrade needs to be able to really play the ball but maybe be more familiar with the position than a very young converted 8.

No Sanchez so let’s sign the cover for Fernandinho we’re crying out for. When he struggles so do we as we saw today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.