Joanna Yeates - Student murdered

mackenzie said:
Rammy Blue said:
Can't have much in the way of evidence then.

No.

And any evidence on the flat itself can be explained by the fact he was her landlord.
I'm also sure that the vehicle hasn't yielded anything either.
they got fuckall on him, not evan there number 1 suspect, if he was they would of kept him for another 36 hours

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
de niro said:
not sure about being the hardest man on the forum, i'm 56 ffs but yes you are right i am more than capable of slitting that guys throat without a second thought. what you are saying is see if he's guilty first, ok i'll give you this, with dna etc they would'nt go to court unless totally sure of a conviction,i would lie in wait till he shows up with the usual blanket over the head, then i'd kill the twat.
no fucking sky tv and play stations in prison for that fucker.

No - in a civilized society courts and juries decide who is guilty,not some self-appointed vigilante who,understandably,isn't thinking straight.
What on earth do you mean 'with dna they wouldn't go to court unless totally sure of a conviction'?
What about those people who are found not guilty of murder by a jury,after all the evidence has been evaluated?
This happens in hundreds of murder trials every year.
Or when the police conspire to convict an innocent man?
Do I really need to list countless instances of this happening in recent legal history?
What you propose is the killing of an innocent man - innocent in that he has not been tried and convicted of any offence in a court of law.
And that,in my opinion,is simply ludicrous to any sane person.

Fetlock, if you are to provide a list of "countless instances" then, in the interest of fairness provide a full list of instances where violent offenders have been released early and commotted more crime. By this i am loking for murder, rape assault, embessalment, GBH, ABH, batterey, intimidation, etc.
Those who kill other inocent members of society should swing. i would also place a good bet that if the UK had a vote on bringing back the death penalty then this would be an overwhelming yes.
Problem is this:-
one of the EU treaty conditions is the UK can never have a vote on introducingthe death penalty!

In every school in the land, teachers should stand at the front of a classroom full of 6 year olds with this thread visible on the computer screen behind them. Then the teacher would proceed to say, "look at these fucking numbskulls populating our country, this is what happens when you do bad at school. Now get your heads down, ya cunts, and fucking learn or you're going in the cupboard (or whatever punishment they use at school these days)." I have a feeling education standards would skyrocket.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Skashion said:
Johnsonontheleft, I'm going to suggest that you turn off Fox News once in a while.

OK, let's have a joint New Year's Resolution. I'll stop watching Fox News if you stop reading the Guardian and the Mirror.
Well, actually, what I really want is to stop this absurd and lazy Americanisation of political language. By referring to every thing you disagree with as 'liberal', along with 'liberal' having negative connotations attached to it for some reason increasingly in the mind of a section of right-wingers - though I understand that you may just be an old-fashioned British conservative or a fascist.

So, what I'd like is for you to explain, when you dismiss something as liberal, is why it is liberal or why the person is liberal or making a liberal statement via a reference to the political theory of liberalism. Deal?

Skashion said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
OK, let's have a joint New Year's Resolution. I'll stop watching Fox News if you stop reading the Guardian and the Mirror.
Well, actually, what I really want is to stop this absurd and lazy Americanisation of political language. By referring to every thing you disagree with as 'liberal', along with 'liberal' having negative connotations attached to it for some reason increasingly in the mind of a section of right-wingers - though I understand that you may just be an old-fashioned British conservative or a fascist.

So, what I'd like is for you to explain, when you dismiss something as liberal, is why it is liberal or why the person is liberal or making a liberal statement via a reference to the political theory of liberalism. Deal?

Another equally irritating modern phenomenon is the pejorative use of the phrase 'do-gooder',often in conjunction with the word 'liberal'.
How the right managed to hijack a term which can only carry positive connotations,to use as a virtual insult is beyond me.
This doesn't happen in any other language or country I can think of,and it should never have been allowed to earn common (mis)usage here,either.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Skashion said:

Another equally irritating modern phenomenon is the pejorative use of the phrase 'do-gooder',often in conjunction with the word 'liberal'.
How the right managed to hijack a term which can only carry positive connotations,to use as a virtual insult is beyond me.
This doesn't happen in any other language or country I can think of,and it should never have been allowed to earn common (mis)usage here,either.

What are you talking about?

Doing good is not always positive. Robin Hood 'did good' according to the left, but according to the right he was a thief - nothing more.

And the use of 'do-gooder' by the right is hardly as bad as the use of 'bigot' or 'racist' by the left when they disagree with someone's opinion in a sly attempt to get a forum member banned.

Language changes, get over it and move with the times. Not too long ago the word 'gay' meant happy before it was hijacked to mean homosexual (or queer as it was known at the time).

Skashion said:

It's not a reference to the theory of liberalism it's a reference to the old Liberal party and the Lib Dems.

So if I refer to you as a liberal for wanting to let paedos out of prison after 5 years to be 'socially rehabilitated', it's because your thinking is along the same lines as the party who uses the word in their name.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.