Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if I am going on holiday tonight, but miss my flight I've not really 'stayed', have I?
It was always questionable as to whether he'd find a club. It's still not resolved and up in the air, but there is a good chance he'll stay for now. That was the situation a week ago, and it's still the situation now. Some people said it was a foregone conclusion he'd be gone by the end of the window. It's not.

Again, not a dismissal of Guardiola, more of the quality of our team. If a team with the quality that Bayern had coming off of having won the Champion's League wasn't able to repeat that success with a manager of Guardiola's stature, then it would be a jump to assume that he can drag our current team to that level in a shorter time span.
But by keeping Hart he has a better chance ?

Sunderland
They should push the boat out for Joe. He'd keep them up single-handed. Recall his season at Birmingham. But I think they are budgeting for relegation. Doing a Lerner. Got about £150m debt. 3rd biggest in Premiership after Utd and Arsenal. Hart could be an inspired signing but doubt they will take any financial risks.

On the balance of things, Hart staying back now, does not benefit our club, given the constant media speculation clouding everything else. Forget EPL, Im sure across Europe there are enough clubs that will accept Hart as No.1, even now? Club is ready to fund bulk of his wages, if need be. If we still cant find a single club by Sep 1st, thats saying either Hart does not want to go or he is not that keen on playing minutes or he is not particularly wanted? Media has sided with Joe. Most players in his place, would milk the situation too. Screw England No.1 spot. Screw playing minutes. Screw the club.

The transfer market is always a Players market - most ppl here dont seem to get it. If a player wants to go somewhere, he does achieve it, 99 times out of 100. But somehow, once a blue, always a blue, who always thinks of blue's interest, cannot find a single place all over europe, to ease the shite-stirring the club is going through - that too on loan, not even an outright sale. Most players fight change in status-quo this way. Happens across the world, where the player has grown too big and has media might with him. Think Rooney for example. Him not going and media slating the club for the situation - its obvious who is fighting this proxy! IMO, the battle is open now with Txixi saying club will do everything to help him leave and he is fighting back through media. The media dirt in the past weeks is proof enough that such player power centres should not be allowed to develop inside a club - they only hold the club back long term! Think Chelsea!

1472210097192934674.gif

Hart HAS been harshly treated by Pep. I get that he wants to stamp his authority on the side, but splashing out £17m on Bravo who is 33 years old is crazy considering we have Hart, who is simply just low on confidence. There is no doubt that Bravo is a top class keeper but Hart just needs an arm round the shoulder and he has the mentality to get back to the form we all know he is capable of. What he and Pellegrini see in Caballero is beyond me. Shaky is an understatement.

But by keeping Hart he has a better chance ?

I'm not convinced his chances would have been all that diminished by keeping Hart. Bravo is likely more suited to his system, but I I think Joe could have adequately covered for a season or two, and would have thought improving the age and speed of FBs would have been a bigger priority in the now. I suspect Rulli (or possibly some other younger goalie) will be in the fold by the time Pep is able to mold this team into being a perennial champion's league contender. Not sure the fuss it's created this year is worth the trouble of improving the position. My other concern with Bravo is that most of his injuries have come in the last 4 years, with 2 in his time with Barcelona and he was only playing league matches for them.

15/16 Calf Injury Apr 30, 2016 May 18, 2016 18 days 3
15/16 Muscle fibre(hamstring) Sep 8, 2015 Oct 2, 2015 24 days 6
13/14 Muscle fibre(hamstring) Mar 2, 2014 Mar 13, 2014 11 days 2
12/13 Fractured Arm Sep 27, 2012 Nov 18, 2012 52 days 7
09/10 Ruptured intraarticular ligament initiation in knee Mar 28, 2010 May 15, 2010 48 days 7

The injury lengths are short but can his body handle playing every game in all competitions? Means we might have to rely on Willy much more than we've been used to.

I doubt Bravo is Pep's long term choice. He's more likely to end up as our number 2 when Pep brings in a younger keeper. But in the meantime, he will tide us over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.