John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone would struggle with poor players alongside you. I'm sure his confidence is low at the moment. Still think he's a top player in the making.

The lad hasn't played well for ages now.

I said after last week's garbage he didn't deserve his place in the team at the moment and he was worse today.

I'd honestly rather go through the Christmas period with Tosin and Sagna as our two centre halves with Willy in nets, and Clichy and Zaba either side of them.

Fuck Bravo off, fuck Kolarov off, and give Otamendi and Stones (who've both been abysmal of late) some time off to sort their heads out because they look like amateurs at present.

Stones is painfully slow, criminally weak for a bloke his size, he lacks awareness and loses concentration. He also takes too many touches - and I don't mean he should band it long or into row Z (although every now and again thy would do) - he needs to just lay it off to the nearest simple pass rather than take another and another and another control of the ball to entice the defender like this bad habit he's got. Play the ball kid, just play the ball.

Never really rated or wanted him, but he's playing like shit at the moment, he looks all over the place. When he's in form and feeling confident with those around him he looked a lot better than I expected, but putting him in a shaky defence is suicide. Also, just fuck off the stupid 3 at the back, we get fucked every time we try it. We don't have one reliable CB, so why on earth we insist on playing 3 of the fuckers is beyond me

Wtf is going on in his head
Seems to have lost all confidence and dropping bollocks all over the place
Today was probably his worst display in a City shirt
He looks completely lost
Very worrying

Had a 'mare today but he has time on his side.

Agree but his howlers this season can now nearly be counted on 2 hands and thats not great.

Has everything to be world class but he needs to switch on, concentrate and whilst doing what his manager is asking, now and then just think no, its needless risk and dangerous and just defend correctly.

Had a 'mare today but he has time on his side.
I don't think he has time on his side. The problem about young players unproven at the highest level is that they need to deliver now. If they don't, the conversation about finding a suitable replacement soonest begins when it involves a club with tall ambitions like our. He really doesn't have that much time as if he continues in this
form (I hope to God this is not the case),
we'd have to look for alternatives. So regardless of how young he is, his endorsement would only come with improved performances. He will only grow when he plays and he will only be given the opportunity to play in the medium term if his performances warrant same

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.