John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure of it, he already has improved a lot this season. In the beginning of the season he would always play out with the ball and never kick it into row z, not anymore. Still makes the odd mistake but I believe he is on an upward trajectory. Think we need to sign two CBs this summer. Was hoping Kompany could maintain his fitness but I am now convinced its not going to happen. Laporte/Van Dijk plus an experienced CB like Bonucci would be perfect.

Only problem is Laporte has apparently been awful this season. Maybe we can't look into it too much as Falcao is the perfect example of needing time after an injury.

Van Dijk would be a superb signing. The dream is still Bonucci but I'm not sure if he's attainable after signing a new deal a few months back.

Only problem is Laporte has apparently been awful this season. Maybe we can't look into it too much as Falcao is the perfect example of needing time after an injury.

Van Dijk would be a superb signing. The dream is still Bonucci but I'm not sure if he's attainable after signing a new deal a few months back.

Bonucci isn't going anywhere, regardless of being hooked from tonight's game...

Laporte is a considerable class above van dijk, the type of injury he's returned from inevitably takes time!

Haven't seen much of Laporte but we are constantly linked with him and it seems he is one of our main targets. I am still worried about them both given their injuries, they'll sign for us, have a great start and then get injured. Its a big risk tbh. If that were to happen and we sell Otamendi, our season would be practically over.

Really? He was bloody terrible mate(as was Otamendi).

1st goal, he should be getting a head to that or at the very least be on Falcao. How Falcao becomes Sagna's responsibility on a crossed ball is beyond me.

2nd goal, Otamendi makes a bloody mess of it, but there's a split second where a top defender reads the issues and goes in to help. Stones saw it develop but didnt. Not his fault, but Kompany is over there preventing that from getting worse.

3rd goal, all 100% down to him.

He also continuously messed up attempts to play the offside trap by doing what he does best...drop back, drop back, drop back. He's f**king idiotic at it.

The guy is a bloody mess, but people are still defending him based on how he looks with the ball.

Bit harsh, he is young and raw , he needs to toughen up but I have high hopes for him. He admitted his mistake and was chuffed to put it right.

Bit harsh, he is young and raw , he needs to toughen up but I have high hopes for him. He admitted his mistake and was chuffed to put it right.

I genuinely like the lad, he's a good attitude about him. But he continues to make mistakes he was making at Everton. That says to me that he isn't learning. Hopefully it improves, but he is costing us time and time again right now.

I genuinely like the lad, he's a good attitude about him. But he continues to make mistakes he was making at Everton. That says to me that he isn't learning. Hopefully it improves, but he is costing us time and time again right now.

You see his quality in short spurts and it is frustrating. I think he HAS suffered from not being able to play alongside Kompany. But there are times you just imagine if he was a bit tougher, was WAY more aggressive and didn't make so many errors. He'd be a first class international.

Stones biggest problem is who he has next to him. He's still learning his trade and as such should be paired with an experienced older head who can point him in the right direction. Instead he has Otamendi, who is frequently out of position or makes a rash challenge and gets turned, leaving Stones to deal with the aftermath. Quite often you will see Stones shouting instructions to Otamendi when he should actually be getting them.
The talent is clearly there and I am still hopeful it will shine through, it won't with clowns like Otamendi next to him though.

Stones biggest problem is who he has next to him. He's still learning his trade and as such should be paired with an experienced older head who can point him in the right direction. Instead he has Otamendi, who is frequently out of position or makes a rash challenge and gets turned, leaving Stones to deal with the aftermath. Quite often you will see Stones shouting instructions to Otamendi when he should actually be getting them.
The talent is clearly there and I am still hopeful it will shine through, it won't with clowns like Otamendi next to him though.

Would you trade Otamendi for Pepe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.