John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if he knew how big a miss kompany was going to be then buying Stones last summer was never going to suffice. For all his potential, nobody could have watched him at Everton and come to the conclusion he was going to fill the void. I suppose Laporte put a spanner in the works by pulling out of his move but there was still plenty of time left to buy someone who could actually defend competently. But at least what you're saying suggests they will be going for a top cb this summer which is essential imo but I haven't been totally convinced it's something we intended to do.

I've just been discussing defenderss in the transfer forum & thinking about it now, it might actually be a good thing Pep didn't sign all his cbs last season. Now he knows what he needs rather than guessing.

I've just been discussing defenderss in the transfer forum & thinking about it now, it might actually be a good thing Pep didn't sign all his cbs last season. Now he knows what he needs rather than guessing.
This is a great point. Pep has given the entire squad a season to assess directly what we need so it was best for us all to ignore all the media bollocks about it being a failure. I personally think it was the best way of him tackling the re-build. We all knew the team was too old and a bit stale. I love the way we have started this window, no delays in announcements of those gone and I expect this to continue for the next few weeks. Pep not taking a holiday shows how important this off season is.

Stones is a strange one for me - having a great game and then... out of the blue... makes a huge blunder, essentially passing the ball to an opponent which immediately leads to a goal scoring chance/goal scored.

Everton wouldn't put him among their starters on a regular basis. So why should we - unless he proves himself (which he hasn't)?
=============
I think that we should get rid of Stones and get a hugely talented English replacement to make up the English quota.

Stones is a strange one for me - having a great game and then... out of the blue... makes a huge blunder, essentially passing the ball to an opponent which immediately leads to a goal scoring chance/goal scored.

Everton wouldn't put him among their starters on a regular basis. So why should we - unless he proves himself (which he hasn't)?
=============
I think that we should get rid of Stones and get a hugely talented English replacement to make up the English quota.

you clearly haven't watched everton then. he would definitly get into the everton side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.