John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep mentioned in the PC that he was telling Stones, why the hell Stones, Fernando & Kolarov were playing last line against their ONE striker. Why none of the three broke lines? Hope Stones understood :)

That was my impression of the game.

But the defenders defended & it's not easy to play & think at 100% in a team of 2nd choice players against one who is hanging onto a 0-5 scoreline.

Of course but Pep corrected them to occupy different spaces at half-time and we looked better & even scored. Movements can de-stabilise opponents. We were just tentative coz if u go forward then u hv to be confident to receive the ball in tight spaces and sometimes with back to goal. Only the confident & technical ones can do that. We basically had 3v1 in our last line, meant they were outnumbering us at midfield 5v3. So obviously we will struggle. We were more balanced in the 2nd half.

That was my impression of the game.

But the defenders defended & it's not easy to play & think at 100% in a team of 2nd choice players against one who is hanging onto a 0-5 scoreline.

I think last night just showed who's here for the long haul, and who should be gone tomorrow but will have 12 months of squad duty till we can finally get rid of them.

Its ridiculously premature to compare him to Beckenbauer (the player, not the administrator).

But he reminds me of Beckenbauer.

Cq5YTaRWcAARlbZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.