John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw a clip on the app of the team training and Stones appeared at the end; looked like one to one training. Should back back very soon I reckon.
I saw that too. Great news. Usually back in contention within 2 weeks of 121 training so that would be Palace or Watford. Newcastle maybe a little early.

We are missing him

if he was out for a long time and Vinny was only good for one or two games max before being on the sidelines for a while ( which has been the case this season in the main )then from pure rotation I would agree.

We have coped ok without Vinny , Mendy and now Stones for a the season to date and provided we don't lose any more through injury we should be fine until January when we look to strengthen the back four and midfield and have another crack at Sanchez.

Most champions have a back four that doesn't change much from game to game but we have enough in midfield and upfront to cope without a regular back four.

I saw that too. Great news. Usually back in contention within 2 weeks of 121 training so that would be Palace or Watford. Newcastle maybe a little early.
I'd rather we gave him plenty of time to come back, once he's fit he'll be playing 3 times a week until May.

Pep says he's doing well and will be back in 1-2 weeks. Good news, we've missed him in certain aspects of his play, Otamendi has done a good job stepping up into his role but it will be good to get them together again.

For me, Otamendi is better in bringing the ball up and making decisive passes. Otamendi has made so many passes across the lines that have led to dangerous plays (like DeBruyne's goal vs Chelsea). I don't recall Stones making one (although I'm sure he has but not w/ the frequency of Otamendi).

For me, Otamendi is better in bringing the ball up and making decisive passes. Otamendi has made so many passes across the lines that have led to dangerous plays (like DeBruyne's goal vs Chelsea). I don't recall Stones making one (although I'm sure he has but not w/ the frequency of Otamendi).
I think this is a case of out of sight, out of mind for you, mate, as Stone has made many decisive passes this season.

There’s a compilation kicking about on YouTube if you require video evidence.

You might consider going to see a neurologist if your memory is that poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.