John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was me. My point is anyone alongside kompany is fine because he is a leader and organiser. It's when he is injured we go to shit. We need a different gobby strong leader type like huth, John terry , yes even shawcross. Another good footballer is not what we need when Kompany is injured another leader is what we need.

Look we don't need to sign anyone if vinny can stay fit for the entire season but in recent years that has not happened so we need to think about a deputy for kompany not mangala or Oti. Hence why I don't think stones is right. He is certainly not right when it is 40 mill plus.

Have you even heard of Pep?

The key word is "like".....

It must be possible to find someone who can control our line and be a good footballer and organiser to sort out our defending and attacking on our set pieces with a budget of 40m. I just cannot believe that person happens to be John stones. We need to cast our net wider.

To be honest though you do make a fair point on the high point issue which pep loves as well. However this is the same high line we have been caught on by indiscipline playing offside this season. We do need to get this right next season as we will be paying a high line as you state. Some organisation will be needed.

Pep's high line has absolutely no similarity at all to Peller's. One is controlled with an emphasis on other players thwarting a counterattack before it starts. One is Kamikaze football.

Perhaps but the whole point is that ball won't be coming over the top if the rest of the team does its job.

If they do their job, it's exactly what will happen. Put pressure on say Huth and he's either going to kick it out or over the top of the defence. Against a team with quick strikers or someone like an Andy Carroll and unless the defenders are quick and strong, you're in trouble. Keeper has to push way out of his area to play sweeper which can lead to errors.

I'm looking forward to see how Bayern deal with Atletico tonight, as that's exactly what they're facing and English teams will be much happier to go long

If they do their job, it's exactly what will happen. Put pressure on say Huth and he's either going to kick it out or over the top of the defence. Against a team with quick strikers or someone like an Andy Carroll and unless the defenders are quick and strong, you're in trouble. Keeper has to push way out of his area to play sweeper which can lead to errors.

I'm looking forward to see how Bayern deal with Atletico tonight, as that's exactly what they're facing and English teams will be much happier to go long

I don't know if I agree with that. It suggests that you think Pep's tactics would be easily exploited by English teams. I just don't buy it. He basically was able to nullify the Bundasliga's most potent weapon (the counter) within 6 weeks.

In the scenario above I think it is more likely that Huth isn't able to get a good clearance because of the intense pressure and we get possession back and start passing.

I do agree that tonight's will be a fascinating but then again Atletico defensively is on a whole different level than any PL team.

I tell you what if Pep plays defence in the Premier League like some above are suggesting we are going to get absolutely mullered.

I don't know if I agree with that. It suggests that you think Pep's tactics would be easily exploited by English teams. I just don't buy it. He basically was able to nullify the Bundasliga's most potent weapon (the counter) within 6 weeks.

In the scenario above I think it is more likely that Huth isn't able to get a good clearance because of the intense pressure and we get possession back and start passing.

I do agree that tonight's will be a fascinating but then again Atletico defensively is on a whole different level than any PL team.

Cough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.