"Joint approach to improve behaviour"

The way out of this for the shithouse refs is their over familiar and cosy attitude towards players in particular those of the dirty red variety. They will pass off the hostility and players rushing to them and touching them and gobbing off as familiarity and good relationship and spin it as some kind of twisted positive. The refs will reap what they have sown by letting Rooney and the like behave like they have and wanting to be players mates, they will find it too difficult to start dishing out discipline.

They will use the 'controlling the event' excuse that Webb used to excuse Clattenberg for not sending off the Spurs players V Cheslea

Ive hated the way Rooney has sworn at the ref from the first minute. Alan Smith at Leeds and United was even worse. I remember Poll (who i didnt mind) gave 2 Chelsea players a yellow card for being lippy cunts in front of him but thats about as good as it got

An ambiguous "new rule" to be interpreted and applied by officials in whatever way promotes the interests of their beloved cash cow, the rags.

An ambiguous "new rule" to be interpreted and applied by officials in whatever way promotes the interests of their beloved cash cow, the rags.
Without wishing to be all tin foil hat about it this is my fear too. Fully expect to see several instances of blind eyes turned to scum antics and Kun getting carded for looking unhappy.

Honestly I think this will be an "I told you so" moment when we look back on it. One of our players will be shown a red for "visibly mouthing a four letter word." Meanwhile Shrek will be detonating epithets like Mel Gibson ranting about his current ex-girlfriend. Anything open to interpretation will be abused.

Last edited:
It's one of the things that make me proud of my team, our conduct.
You don't often see groups of our players surrounding the ref or waving imaginary cards in the air. Or diving. Or exaggerating injury.
Not saying it never happens, but rarely.
We are by far the team with the best sportsmanship.
The only thing we really do is cheap fouls/yellow card for silly tackles to stop a counter attack.
I hope pep doesn't change that side of our game too much.
It will be drilled into the Scum by peg, some of their players next season will cover more ground rolling after a tackle than running on the opta stats

I hope they enforce this to the letter from the very start. Let there be 20 sendings off on the opening day....whatever it takes to for once make a stand...maybe even to the point of games abandoned for too many. This imo has been eroding the sport for years. Needs to end asap.

A few weeks of discipline and we might have hope of respect in the game for years.

You're spot on there, if they are serious about implementing this then they need to be strict about it from the opening day. A few yellow cards early on for people breaking the rules and that will soon stamp it out. I'm not optimistic of referees having the balls to do it though, especially when faced by rooney et al. Guess we'll have to wait and see, but footballere behaviour has been a disgrace for years and something does need to be done about it at the top level to lead the way.

I'll believe this when I see it. Remember the 10 yard rule? Basically imported it from rugby. Very simple - gob off and the free kick moves another 10 yards/ meters closer to your goal. FIFA or UEFA got rid of it, because poor ickle footballers don't understand rugby! They didn't need to understand rugby - all they needed to understand was that if you question or criticise the ref in an aggressive way, you lose 10m. Simple. Jesus, some of the people I played rugby with in NZ would have struggled to tie their own shoelaces, but they knew that "crap decision, ref" would get them 10m closer to their goal line. Methinks they are not that serious, otherwise this would have been sorted out long since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.