Julian Weigl

From what i've seen, not much to be honest, but I see him more of an eventual replacement for Fernandinho / Fernando. I think Toure will be replaced with somebody like Pogba or Isco. Giving us a three of Weigl, Pogba / Isco and DeBruyne or Silva.

I see him more like an Alonso type so he's not particularly like any of our centre midfielders.

T
I see him more like an Alonso type so he's not particularly like any of our centre midfielders.
That's what I was trying to say he would be at the base of a 3 and a replacement for Fernando while Toure would be replaced by somebody like Pogba.

T

That's what I was trying to say he would be at the base of a 3 and a replacement for Fernando while Toure would be replaced by somebody like Pogba.

Yaya doesn't really have a replacement in a midfield 3. In a three you can get better 10's, defensive midfielders, and box to box midfielders than Yaya ever was.

What made him so brilliant was his ability to combine all three roles and play in a midfield 2. He basically gave us a man advantage during his best years.

There no player on the planet who can do what he did, so trying to find a Yaya replacement is a wild goose chase.

Thanks, my friend!

Statistical comparison of Pogba (22) and Weigl (20). It's not organized into categories such as defense, passing, etc because I didn't plan on including so many stats, but then I said what the heck.

H2tMAxw.png

3J6NsP3.png

n5UaSwK.png
Very insightful mate, thanks for the info. XD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.