Julian Weigl

Yaya doesn't really have a replacement in a midfield 3. In a three you can get better 10's, defensive midfielders, and box to box midfielders than Yaya ever was.

What made him so brilliant was his ability to combine all three roles and play in a midfield 2. He basically gave us a man advantage during his best years.

There no player on the planet who can do what he did, so trying to find a Yaya replacement is a wild goose chase.
To find a direct replacement, yes, but he still can only be replaced by one player, so with a new manager playing a Barca Bayern like 433 then the whole midfield will need to be rebalanced without Toure, and all 3 midfielders doing a bit if what Toure does / did.

We will need some very good arguments to sign that very intelligent and hugely talented young player.
I think he is not focussed on money and well, he won't really starve at Dortmund anyway.
The place to live is not a big difference.
Pep could be a trigger, but BvB's Tuchel is an outstanding young manager as well.
Weigl's career will be designed to play for the German squad. Therefore he needs game time, which will likely be easier to get where he is now.
His national squad managers quite certainly will recommend him to stay in Germany.
The home crowds are impressive at Dortmund, some of you may know. Maybe incomparable. A galaxy ahead of the Etihad I'm afraid.
He is 6 feet 2, body weight only 71 kg. He needs to get a bit more athletic for the PL.

I suppose he really will stay there for a while. Dortmund don't need money, they know Weigl's potential as a player and in terms of market value.
Time is clearly running in favour of Dortmund.

But since Dortmund is publically listed at the stock exchange with a 60% freefloat, MCFC might have an option here... ;-)
Problem is, German clubs are not allowed to give away more than 50% of their voting rights. :-(

Sanè is a similar case. But Schalke is in need to reduce their debt of about 160m EUR.

I would expect both of them to stay in the bundesliga for the next 2 years. Let's see what money can do.

We will need some very good arguments to sign that very intelligent and hugely talented young player.
I think he is not focussed on money and well, he won't really starve at Dortmund anyway.
The place to live is not a big difference.
Pep could be a trigger, but BvB's Tuchel is an outstanding young manager as well.
Weigl's career will be designed to play for the German squad. Therefore he needs game time, which will likely be easier to get where he is now.
His national squad managers quite certainly will recommend him to stay in Germany.
The home crowds are impressive at Dortmund, some of you may know. Maybe incomparable. A galaxy ahead of the Etihad I'm afraid.
He is 6 feet 2, body weight only 71 kg. He needs to get a bit more athletic for the PL.

I suppose he really will stay there for a while. Dortmund don't need money, they know Weigl's potential as a player and in terms of market value.
Time is clearly running in favour of Dortmund.

But since Dortmund is publically listed at the stock exchange with a 60% freefloat, MCFC might have an option here... ;-)
Problem is, German clubs are not allowed to give away more than 50% of their voting rights. :-(

Sanè is a similar case. But Schalke is in need to reduce their debt of about 160m EUR.

I would expect both of them to stay in the bundesliga for the next 2 years. Let's see what money can do.

What is it with Germans who believe that people only ever leave Germany for money?

Do you lot have a script or something because every German fan who comes on here spouts the exact same thing about every player who plays in Germany?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.