Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear his first touch wasnt as bad when he first started out, certainly needs a lot of attention on the training ground.

In anycase, this game I feel highlighted why he's still a work in progress. Kids got so much talent but these kinds of games are expected, frankly surprised we haven't seen more considering his young age

Edit; more poor performances i should say. For his age his lack of a performance dip is surprising!

If he buried that header from 4 yards out it would have been a different game.

I guess we can forgive every player the occasional stinker can't we? I'm sure he'll still get playing time when GJ comes in Jan

I know its not a popular opinion on here but i don't think he is ready to lead the line...certainly not on his own as every time he does this he seems lost and doesn't have much affect on the game...when paired with aguero (usually coming off the bench) he seems to do better. He either needs to play with Kun from the start of games or remain as in impact sub for now.

I know its not a popular opinion on here but i don't think he is ready to lead the line...certainly not on his own as every time he does this he seems lost and doesn't have much affect on the game...when paired with aguero (usually coming off the bench) he seems to do better. He either needs to play with Kun from the start of games or remain as in impact sub for now.

He will come good. The only way he can learn to lead a line is if he plays games leading the line by himself. He's done well before by himself for both club and country so I think in some of the fixtures there should be time taken on him for experience. He seems to be very eager to improve.

Useless when he starts, seems like a completely different player off the bench.

He will come good. The only way he can learn to lead a line is if he plays games leading the line by himself. He's done well before by himself for both club and country so I think in some of the fixtures there should be time taken on him for experience. He seems to be very eager to improve.

I don doubt that he can and will in the future but right now he aint ready and Im not sure we can afford to do it too often.

I would like to see him and Kun play as a partnership more instead of when we are chasing something but I don think that will happen as Pep seems to prefer one out and out striker and when we do play 2 upfront it seems to be fun that drops deeper (which I just don't get as Kelechi is probably better at linking play and Kun is the more deadly near goal/playing on the last man)

Just because it's not a popular opinion on here doesn't mean it's wrong ;). Some were even suggesting we bench Sergio for him. Insane. Did bugger all all night.

I think Im at the point where I need to see Kelechi starting every match. Whether its 2 up top or Aguero on the bench, I think were better with him out there. he presses more aggressively, looking for the best pass and playing the one touch much more willingly and effectively than sergio.

Kelechi ahead of Aguero? Never in a month of Sundays. A long way to go yet, needs to improve his first touch, mobility and awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.