Kelechi Iheanacho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd cash in tbh. I like him and thought he was going to absolutely explode, but he's ended up being a completely different player to what I thought he would. Somehow he's gone from being a skilful, bright number 10 with an eye for goal, to being a pretty clumsy looking deadly poacher. Don't know why but his interplay seems to have fallen apart and his touch hasn't been there. When he first came in and scored all the goals I thought he was set to be a world beater once the otherside of his game inevitably started to shine through, but it seems to have gone in the opposite direction.

I'd definitely want a buyback clause though as if it clicks for him he's got the lot, he's just never shown it all at the same time

Runs like he's chasing a chicken and no football brain whatsoever.

Good look nacho
If Nacho had no brain there is no way he would have scored the goals he has in the time he has, his off the ball movement and anticipation is excellent.

I'd cash in tbh. I like him and thought he was going to absolutely explode, but he's ended up being a completely different player to what I thought he would. Somehow he's gone from being a skilful, bright number 10 with an eye for goal, to being a pretty clumsy looking deadly poacher. Don't know why but his interplay seems to have fallen apart and his touch hasn't been there. When he first came in and scored all the goals I thought he was set to be a world beater once the otherside of his game inevitably started to shine through, but it seems to have gone in the opposite direction.

I'd definitely want a buyback clause though as if it clicks for him he's got the lot, he's just never shown it all at the same time

I can't disagree with some of that, but how the fuck is he supposed to calm down & be a No 10, with the kind of treatment he's had ?

Have a look at his play when he came on in the last game, look at Jesus' actions & tell me which is the more intelligent.

I can't disagree with some of that, but how the fuck is he supposed to calm down & be a No 10, with the kind of treatment he's had ?

Have a look at his play when he came on in the last game, look at Jesus' actions & tell me which is the more intelligent.
It's definitely not the ideal environment to relax and learn, but that's the environment it will be at any top club if you want to play upfront unfortunately. I don't see any way a top club can let a kid stumble around making mistakes and losing the ball as their lone striker in order for them to find their feet, they'll have to hit the ground running and then keep running if they want to succeed. A move to a club with less expectations is probably the best thing for him.

On a side not, I've heard from someone who works at the club that he is monumentally dim, so there might be a belief there that he'll be tough to train

It's definitely not the ideal environment to relax and learn, but that's the environment it will be at any top club if you want to play upfront unfortunately. I don't see any way a top club can let a kid stumble around making mistakes and losing the ball as their lone striker in order for them to find their feet, they'll have to hit the ground running and then keep running if they want to succeed. A move to a club with less expectations is probably the best thing for him.

On a side not, I've heard from someone who works at the club that he is monumentally dim, so there might be a belief there that he'll be tough to train

Rashford & Martial do far more 'stumbling around' per minute on the pitch than Iheanacho.

And as regards intelligence, 'm guessing Aguero would not win a Nobel Prize in physics.

Jesus has just had a huge tattoo of his mum put on his arm & his other idol is God.

As a thick footballer he won't be short of company - Shearer never had more than one working brain cell and he's the all-time Prem top scorer.

I thought Nacho's problem last season in particular was that he got so little game time that he ended up trying too hard to impress and lost some composure from his play as a result. I'd have preferred a loan deal to somewhere like Bournemouth to see how he deals with regular starts but there definitely needs to be a buyback clause in any deal.

As a thick footballer he won't be short of company - Shearer never had more than one working brain cell and he's the all-time Prem top scorer.

I thought Nacho's problem last season in particular was that he got so little game time that he ended up trying too hard to impress and lost some composure from his play as a result. I'd have preferred a loan deal to somewhere like Bournemouth to see how he deals with regular starts but there definitely needs to be a buyback clause in any deal.

This is exactly what I think had happened to him in his whole City career so far. Missed a load of time, over keen to make an impression.

So we had to settle for him being one of the most clinical finishers we have ever had, whilst he tries to get his shit together.

Such hardship costing us dearly.

Rashford & Martial do far more 'stumbling around' per minute on the pitch than Iheanacho.

And as regards intelligence, 'm guessing Aguero would not win a Nobel Prize in physics.

Jesus has just had a huge tattoo of his mum put on his arm & his other idol is God.
Rashford and Martial play for a team that didn't score any goals and ended up in 6th, pretty much as a result of them stumbling around being useless far too often, that's pretty much the problem with that. Not convinced they've gotten any better for the experience either. It costs you to have young strikers not getting the job done.

As for the dim part, I was part joking but at the same time to stand out in a group of footballers as being noticeably dim is pretty impressive. Apparently he's lovely though, a bit like a puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.