Depends how much you want to lose mate. Others will probably have their own suggestions but for me;

Maybe start by just looking at your current diet and see what you eat that’s bollocks. I started by cutting out chocolate biscuits and snacks like that during the day, and reduced by beer intake just skip that last pint sort of thing. No other changes and lost a stone pretty easy and wasn’t what you’d call fat to start with.

If you’ve done that and start to plateau and want to lose more then increasing exercise and/or reducing carbs is a good thing. Your body burns carbs and fats for fuel - if you have too many carbs you don’t burn fat and you don’t lose weight. It’s pretty simple really but a low carb diet is quite hard to stick to although there are a lot of low carb firms now so choices are increasing and getting low carb bread and pasta is easy, if expensive. I even had some low carb hot cross buns recently - delicious they were.

Good luck mate
I’m a carb monster body wants it and it never ends well. Going for keto to get out of the carb cycle so fingers crossed it works

I discovered what i have been asking myself , can i eat choc flavoured keto bars without going mad , the answer is after a box full no i cant , my brain thought sugar and i ate six at one time , i have been all or nothing and chocoholic all my adult life and i was wondering if it had gone but no it hasnt

So now i know i cant go back to sugar , any sweet junk , family size bags of crisps etc , healthy stuff only forever, keto plus some good limited carbs

I’m a carb monster body wants it and it never ends well. Going for keto to get out of the carb cycle so fingers crossed it works
Realistically, if you love carbs and try to cut them out completely, you won't make it through the weekend without giving in.

Personally, I'm not a fan of 'fad' diets.
Consume less calories than you burn and you will lose weight. Work out from the online calculators how many calories you need a day, subtract 500 and eat that many every day for a fortnight. If you haven't lost at least 2 pounds, drop 100 calories a day and repeat.
Continue until you reach your desired weight. Throw in the odd carb refeed day every couple of weeks if you stop losing weight.
Keep water and protein as high as possible.

I've just started ketogenic diet. I decided to try, because I'm in menopause transition and feel my body needs support. The low carb diet helps me to control sleep, and mood changes a little. Premarin Cream also helps me to cope with physical discomfort caused by hormonal changes.

Last edited:
Realistically, if you love carbs and try to cut them out completely, you won't make it through the weekend without giving in.

Personally, I'm not a fan of 'fad' diets.
Consume less calories than you burn and you will lose weight. Work out from the online calculators how many calories you need a day, subtract 500 and eat that many every day for a fortnight. If you haven't lost at least 2 pounds, drop 100 calories a day and repeat.
Continue until you reach your desired weight. Throw in the odd carb refeed day every couple of weeks if you stop losing weight.
Keep water and protein as high as possible.
That first bit is wrong , it is not pleasant but absolutely doable , eating good fats fills you up so much you are full all the time , use plain dairy and add some nuts to it and you can get over the craving sugar , sugar is evil and so it hurts for the first couple of weeks to get off but then so much energy and you will be dropping weight , once you work it out it is easy

So started on the 14th and today I have lost a stone in total this way of eating sure does work. Eating way less cut out snacking not getting the same hunger pains and overeating. Shows the sugar in food has such a bad effect on the body.

So started on the 14th and today I have lost a stone in total this way of eating sure does work. Eating way less cut out snacking not getting the same hunger pains and overeating. Shows the sugar in food has such a bad effect on the body.
How’s it going

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.