Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Hungarian blue, 27 Jul 2017.

1. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

If Kevin Debruyne had a fault last season then it was probably his occasional propensity to 'fanny dangle', to borrow from the book of Harry Bassett. To disappear when the going got tough, to shy away from tackles and responsibility, to let opponents run past him. He always had bucketfuls of talent, but there was an air of the dilettante about him at times.
    This season he seems to have added a resilience and a whole new dimension to his game. I'd venture on the basis of the first 4 games he is currently the best player in the league bar none. Absolutely superb again today. Bursting with vitality and commitment

Last edited: 9 Sep 2017
  2. blue wang

blue wang

economist

Classic,

Phenomenal today, I could tell the moment that ball left his foot his cross would result in a goal.

3. jimharri

jimharri

Occasional idiot
    I'm picturing Joe Royle and Kiddo lurking with intent, waiting for Kev to send in one of his laser guided crosses. They'd be like dogs with two sets of wotsits to lick.

4. peace frog

peace frog

doorman of perception
    with mendy and kdb our forwards need to pile in, infact get crouch he would break shearers goals record in one season :)

5. mccity

mccity

Thread Killer
    Just remember this is the guy so creatively talented that people aren't raving about Erikssen every day of the week

6. ws01

ws01

Dzeko or Negredo - imagine a first half of 2013/14 of Negredo in the squad right now?

Wow

7. Ric

Ric

Best player in the league at present, I'd say.

8. Yates

Yates

Total agreement, great to see him get stuck in

9. twosips

twosips

We've got a young lad in our u18s that I saw this morning before the game called Nabil Touaizi. So, so good. He's like some Dzeko/Negredo super confident throwback. If he's at the club still and progressing how he could he's gonna love KDB in three years time. Goals galore. I hope they're both still around.

10. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

He's got himself much fitter this season,he looks leaner and stronger,and it appears it's made a significant difference to his performances.