Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the booking was a bit harsh but Kyle was immense today. Best RB in the league by a country mile

I really think he is a key difference for our team this year. His pace alone snuffs out so many threats and prevents us from going behind and playing catch up. For me he has had a transformative effect on our team! Today's game, if anyone else on our team, Lingard would have gotten in but Kyle has the pace to match these speedsters. Great addition to the team!

booking him so early for hardly a foul was scandalous,i though oliver was setting the story of the game but it never put him off and he played very well,fullbacks are so important in this team

His pace is top notch, a couple of times they looked like they may be dangerous on the break, he'd just sprint back & take the ball off them & we'd rebuild.

A great acquisition.

His fitness is my biggest concern. I think our system breaks down without him or Mendy in the side. If both get injured Pep will need to revise how we play.

His pace is top notch, a couple of times they looked like they may be dangerous on the break, he'd just sprint back & take the ball off them & we'd rebuild.

A great acquisition.
+1
Walker really solidifies our defense. He's cautious going forward and thus is at least able to sprint back into position to break up a counter.

On offense he's not nearly as gifted as Mendi - but he's far better defensively. Walker/Mendi make a great combination - one excelling on offense, the other solidifying defense, but both with pace to burn.

Was interesting hearing Martí Perarnau say Walker still had a long way to improve on @BillyShears podcast.

Easy to forget it's his first season though, if he can make the sort of improvements sterling stones and Otamendi have made...what a player he'll be then.

I would like to see him more involved in attack personally but I appreciate thats Pep's doing not his. Feels like he doesn't get in the box anywhere near as much as he was in the first few weeks.

I thought Walker was a shambles of a defender for a few seasons at Spurs, every big game he seemed to cost them a goal by falling over the ball under no pressure or dozing off at the far post. I knew he had improved to be one of the best in the league last couple of seasons but watching him every game for us he is an absolute tank. Our right side is like a black hole for the opposition's chances of doing anything with him there. Signing of the season for the overall impact he's had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.