Kyle Walker Appeal?

because apparently the FA review it first and if they deem there is no case to answer for then the panel doesn't even get to review it. The FA (according to the guardian) have said that because there was slight contact then it's not a clear cut case so therefor not submitted for review. Even though the kid went down clutching his face when it was his chest that was brushed in a clear cut case of simulation the FA decide it's not worthy of the panel to review. Absolute bollocks if you ask me, they've got the chance to stamp this kind of thing out and they fuck it up at the first hurdle
Bent as f*ck

Fellaini gets 22 yellow cards in one match, ref say's he was just following the "Walker precedent".

Ref defends his mistake saying "he didn't realize he had been booked 21 times previously due to Man City's wanton disregard for MUFC's contracted obligation to win the Prem each year"

Football's whole disciplinary system is just stupid really.

Have an independent referee, whether it's one from another association or a retired one or something, go through each match retrospectively and correct any shit decisions.

Rescind any unfair cards so players won't get suspended for doing nothing wrong, clear dives/feigning injury will be punished, things that should clearly have been a red card (talking about dangerous/violent play) lead to suspensions.

For the record, feigning injury for me is one of the worst things you can do on a pitch, has the potential to result in someone genuinely injured not getting the immediate treatment they need. Diving is a bit snide, but at least is just trying to gain a sporting advantage, no genuine harm will come from it.

Football's whole disciplinary system is just stupid really.

Have an independent referee, whether it's one from another association or a retired one or something, go through each match retrospectively and correct any shit decisions.

Rescind any unfair cards so players won't get suspended for doing nothing wrong, clear dives/feigning injury will be punished, things that should clearly have been a red card (talking about dangerous/violent play) lead to suspensions.

For the record, feigning injury for me is one of the worst things you can do on a pitch, has the potential to result in someone genuinely injured not getting the immediate treatment they need. Diving is a bit snide, but at least is just trying to gain a sporting advantage, no genuine harm will come from it.
I'd like to see something like this happen.

To be fair though, it would likely need to be done by a committee as opposed to just 1 referee with maybe a majority decision able to retrospectively award/rescind bans.

I agree that feigning injury really takes away from the game - unfortunately, this is ubiquitous across leagues in top football. Any contact? - go down, roll around, grab your face and make as if you're near death. Goes double if you're in the box.

Need to stop play - clutch your head, go down and just roll around in feigned agony - ref is obliged to stop the match.

Bans for this sort of behavior should be dished out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4810686/GRAHAM-POLL-Decision-send-Kyle-Walker-mystery.html

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10977830/diving-bans-and-abba-penalties-the-201718-premier-league-rules

Diving ban
Players who dive next season will face punishment. The Football Association passed a rule at their Annual General Meeting in May that will see two-match bans handed out for simulation.

The FA will also be able to rescind a yellow or red card given to the player who was deemed to have committed a foul, if the player was found guilty of diving. And players can be punished for "attempting to deceive the referee by feigning injury".

Footage will be reviewed each Monday by a three-man panel, consisting of one ex-match official, one ex-manager and one ex-player. Each panel member reviews the footage independently of the other members.

The FA will then act if there is "clear and overwhelming evidence to suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation." The panel must be unanimous in their decision and players can be banned for two matches if they are found guilty.

Won't hold my breath but surely that is what this rule change was brought in for and we can appeal that this season?
My interpretation of the diving ban rule is that an appeal might come into play if Walker was adjudged to have dived. This obviously isn't the case. Walker got a Yellow for what the ref presumably and incorrectly deemed was overly aggressive contact on Calvert-Lewin.

What could - and should happen - is that Calvert-Lewin should receive a ban for feigning injury - grabbing his face when he clearly didn't receive contact their - the ref was deceived by C-L's antics and IMO C-L should be banned.
=======
Unfortunately, the rules do not currently permit any redress for Walker's unfair sending off - this should be addressed.

My interpretation of the diving ban rule is that an appeal might come into play if Walker was adjudged to have dived. This obviously isn't the case. Walker got a Yellow for what the ref presumably and incorrectly deemed was overly aggressive contact on Calvert-Lewin.

What could - and should happen - is that Calvert-Lewin should receive a ban for feigning injury - grabbing his face when he clearly didn't receive contact their - the ref was deceived by C-L's antics and IMO C-L should be banned.
=======
Unfortunately, the rules do not currently permit any redress for Walker's unfair sending off - this should be addressed.
Because there was contact Walker can't appeal it and say C-L dived according to the papers.

Players can only appear where it is clear that a player dived and feigned injury.

As you say, it's bollocks. A shite halfway home.

Because there was contact Walker can't appeal it and say C-L dived according to the papers.

Players can only appear where it is clear that a player dived and feigned injury.

As you say, it's bollocks. A shite halfway home.
The papers are talking sh1t.

The FA will also be able to rescind a yellow or red card given to the player who was deemed to have committed a foul, if the player was found guilty of diving. And players can be punished for "attempting to deceive the referee by feigning injury".

The FA will then act if there is "clear and overwhelming evidence to suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation." The panel must be unanimous in their decision and players can be banned for two matches if they are found guilty.

In my mind and everyone else's the ref was deceived by simulation and therefore the card should be rescinded and CL should be banned

The papers are talking sh1t.

In my mind and everyone else's the ref was deceived by simulation and therefore the card should be rescinded and CL should be banned
Agree with what you've posted in terms of sentiment. But please cite the rules which would allow for this to occur. I haven't seen them.

The current rules allow for punishing or forgiving lack of carding or cards incorrectly given for diving - not for rescinding punishment against victims of simulation (unless it's a straight red of course in which case the straight red may be appealed).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.