Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah DeGea is undoubtedly a pretty decent keeper but whereas Meier and Buffon have won world cups, DeGea has barely registered in major international tournaments or the latter stages of the CL.
There is no agreed definition of a Galactico that I know of but DeGea does not as yet fit the image in my eyes.

What a load of tosh, Buffon is nearly 40, might have been a galactico 5/10 years ago, if City was signing him now we'd all be disappointed whereas DeGea is prob in top 5 keepers on the planet.

Yeah DeGea is undoubtedly a pretty decent keeper but whereas Meier and Buffon have won world cups, DeGea has barely registered in major international tournaments or the latter stages of the CL.
There is no agreed definition of a Galactico that I know of but DeGea does not as yet fit the image in my eyes.

Hardly his fault. When he is Real and Spain's number 1, I expect he will get some silverware.

Vasilyev said in todays interview that Mbappe's contract doesn't have a release clause as such practice is prohibited in France.
Strange thing to say, can't think of any reasonable law that would make a break clause illegal and can think of a good few reasons why such a law would actually be unconstitutional in France, the main one being that an employment contract without any break clause is indentured servitude.
Edit: also added that the decision will be made in summer but he personally thinks that staying for another year would be a better choice for the kid.
This part I agree with, most likely the best option for all concerned.

What a load of tosh, Buffon is nearly 40, might have been a galactico 5/10 years ago, if City was signing him now we'd all be disappointed whereas DeGea is prob in top 5 keepers on the planet.

Hardly his fault. When he is Real and Spain's number 1, I expect he will get some silverware.
I am not trying to argue who is the better keeper or who would be the better signing. De Gea is clearly a very good keeper.
For me a Galactico is someone who has virtually instant facial recognition around the world from football fans, Buffon still has this and remains a very good keeper , I don't think De Gea has attained that status yet.. This does not mean I don't think Real will try to sign him or that he won't make a good signing just that right now I would not have him as one of the worlds Galacticos. He isn't used in the big TV adverts etc. This is not a commentary on his footballing abilities.

I am not trying to argue who is the better keeper or who would be the better signing. De Gea is clearly a very good keeper.
For me a Galactico is someone who has virtually instant facial recognition around the world from football fans, Buffon still has this and remains a very good keeper , I don't think De Gea has attained that status yet.. This does not mean I don't think Real will try to sign him or that he won't make a good signing just that right now I would not have him as one of the worlds Galacticos. He isn't used in the big TV adverts etc. This is not a commentary on his footballing abilities.

De Gea is a galactico material, like it or not.

Calling the Mbappe thread to come back to the forum we think you have gone missing!

Something has become very very clear the last couple of days. Monaco will allow Mbappe to decide whether or not he wants to leave this summer. There's clearly a will from them to keep him, but also an acceptance that they can't control the situation.

Of course you should never rule Real Madrid out of a big transfer, but I'd be surprised if they felt that he was the right signing for them this summer. It'll be a Galactico price without the marketing bang that they crave.

Something has become very very clear the last couple of days. Monaco will allow Mbappe to decide whether or not he wants to leave this summer. There's clearly a will from them to keep him, but also an acceptance that they can't control the situation.

Of course you should never rule Real Madrid out of a big transfer, but I'd be surprised if they felt that he was the right signing for them this summer. It'll be a Galactico price without the marketing bang that they crave.
Good post and I agree all the clues point to Aguero to real Madrid and mbappe to us

Good post and I agree all the clues point to Aguero to real Madrid and mbappe to us
i agree, although I just can't imagine something that big happening without lots of stories in the papers. Aguero and his agent had dinner that time with pep for a reason, if he doesn't end up leaving then i wonder what that meeting was for.
Peps and city's willingness to spend big on young players (sterling, stones, sane) makes me confident that there's a deal to be had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.