Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Robbie Fowler scored 18 goals at 18 and 32 the following season and Michael Owen scored 23, both excellent strikers but neither had long and productive careers nor will either probably be remembered as world class.
Robinho scored 32 at 19 as well

Na the hype doesn't get to me unfortunately. We already have a young potential WC striker in Jesus who was the next Fenomeno before he did his metatarsal, and now that his shinyness has worn off, we are thristing for a shiny next Henry.

Now if Aguero leaves (I don't want him to), then it's a different scenario. But I still wouldn't spend anything north of 60 million GBP.

Na the hype doesn't get to me unfortunately. We already have a young potential WC striker in Jesus who was the next Fenomeno before he did his metatarsal, and now that his shinyness has worn off, we are thristing for a shiny next Henry.

Now if Aguero leaves (I don't want him to), then it's a different scenario. But I still wouldn't spend anything north of 60 million GBP.

Not sure the shininess of GJ has worn off for anyone, but, here we are without him and, despite having Aguero, we are missing game-winning sitters regularly and have one of the worst shots-to-goals ratios in the league.

As Pep said, you can't imagine we wouldn't have beaten Liverpool quite comfortably if GJ was on the park, but that's not always going to be a gimme, nor is his form.

Aguero's decline in front of goal this year should come as a warning to City going forward. I can't imagine they will gamble on a return to form for Kun/Kelechi and a free-from-injuries Jesus when they will have access to almost unlimited resources to assemble the best squad for Pep available.

I see no issue with wanting a player like Mbappe regardless.

Not sure the shininess of GJ has worn off for anyone, but, here we are without him and, despite having Aguero, we are missing game-winning sitters regularly and have one of the worst shots-to-goals ratios in the league.

As Pep said, you can't imagine we wouldn't have beaten Liverpool quite comfortably if GJ was on the park, but that's not always going to be a gimme, nor is his form.

Aguero's decline in front of goal this year should come as a warning to City going forward. I can't imagine they will gamble on a return to form for Kun/Kelechi and a free-from-injuries Jesus when they will have access to almost unlimited resources to assemble the best squad for Pep available.

I see no issue with wanting a player like Mbappe regardless.
Good post

'shinyness'?? ive seen a couple of people use that phrase as a new tool to criticise - what a load of shite.

Sergio has proved it season after season - big big gamble to expect Mbappe to step up, so it's Sergio out and Mbappe in for the fan boys, So Mbappe will enjoy splinters up his arse then or are we going to play two strikers?

If two strikers is the case then we already have a World class striker at the club- you know , that guy Sergio.
The reason why some (myself included) prefer Mbappe is because he like Sane, Sterling and Jesus can also play wide as we as centrally.

So in essenas you have 3 positions that would be rotated btw 4 guys who can all start anywhere in that front 3.

The complexity and headache for other teams trying to prepare for us alone would probably be worth it.

If he pans out. I think he will.He looks very good.

In football when you're good enough you're old enough. I want to remind as many as balk at the idea of replacing Sergio Aguero with a mere 18 year old that If Jesus was not injured, Aguero wouldnt be starting most games. Yes I'm talking about Jesus the 19 year old. He'd be starting ahead of Aguero.

People forget that there are 2 sides to a gamble. We have highlighted the 'what if he fails' bit and given next to zero attention to the other possibility that he might just become the next big thing. Everything in life is a gamble including the choice to wake up and hit the streets and that's why people take calculated risks all the time.

If we don't sign him we have no control over who does be it a rival in the EPL or some club in faraway Spain

I canot tell if he'll make the cut here but I've been watching him closely since our first meeting with Monaco. This guy is a star in the making. Its all well and good if he doesn't come to ours but I'd be absolutely livid if he goes to any rival EPL club. Quite frankly I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the cut here. He's got about everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.