Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that is actually quite the opposite of how it works.

Bookies are in business to make money. If he really is coming here and nobody knows it and everyone is putting money on the Spanish teams the bookies will make a fortune.

They'd also stand to lose a ton of money if people started betting on City at 6-1 and it actually happened. If the Mirror etc starts posting all these articles linking Mbappe to City because of the Sane pictures that inevitably hypes people (plus all the City fans here who are convinced this will happen).

At this point, I think Pep is kinda desperate to get someone who can comfortably bang in goals day in, day out. Madrid will 100% need to offload Bale if they want Mbappe. Not saying they would sign him, but if they do, that's how it'll happen. Sanchez doesn't look likely to leave unless he hands in a transfer request. Dembele has a pretty high chance of joining Barca now. That basically leaves only one world class player available in the market if we fail to sign Sanchez/Mbappe. It's not what I want, but we need a proven goal-scorer.

Aguero and Jesus are proven goalscorers. Sane, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva and Sterling will all chip in with around 10 goals this season as well. We've added a ton of firepower on the wings so there's going to be a lot more chances and if our conversion rate stays the same, we might even break the goalscoring record we set in Pellegrini's first season.

At this point, I think Pep is kinda desperate to get someone who can comfortably bang in goals day in, day out. Madrid will 100% need to offload Bale if they want Mbappe. Not saying they would sign him, but if they do, that's how it'll happen. Sanchez doesn't look likely to leave unless he hands in a transfer request. Dembele has a pretty high chance of joining Barca now. That basically leaves only one world class player available in the market if we fail to sign Sanchez/Mbappe. It's not what I want, but we need a proven goal-scorer.
No we need to look to improve and add a special talent where we can. I think we're in for Mbappe because he is that, but we don't need proven goal scorers. Aguero and Jesus will score goals. Mbappe adds something extra. Something that can unlock packed defences like Man Utd. Mbappe is not an out and out goalscorer anyway. He's a player who can destroy a defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.