Leicester (a) pre-match thread

Leicester (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Stones have a positive effect on Mangala? He has matured a lot this season and seems to shackle Otamendi's stupidness a lot, maybe he could do the same for Mangala? A couple seasons ago when Mangala was partnered with Kompany at the start of the season, they made a good partnership and we went on a nice run of not conceding many goals. Stones seems to have taken up that steady role, but i still don't trust Mangala to be honest. The main issues i have with him are, from what i've seen, his positioning is poor and then his use of his body when trying to position himself between himself and players/ball is poor. His ability to control the ball is poor, he lacks the foresight of how to control it so the next touch is easy for the pass and seems to have to re-position his whole body in order to move his foot into position to pass. However, all of those should be things that can be coached out of him but whether they have been, from his Wolves showing it looks like they've not.

In the 4-2 loss against them in December 2016, we played the following. It was mentioned before and I couldn’t believe it so I had a look and the poster was right!!

—————————Bravo————————-
Zabaleta—Stones—Sagna——Kolarov
————Fernando——Gundogan———
D.Silva————De bruyne——J. Navas
—————————Kelechi—————

Sterling, Yaya & Nolito came on off the bench.

Sagna doesn’t have a club.
Kolarov is doing well in the slower paced Serie A.
Zabaleta is struggling at West Ham.
Fernando is in Turkey I believe, haven’t heard anything about him since.
Navas is with Sevilla.
Kelechi can’t get a start for Leicester.
Bravo is a back up.

The improvement in the line up we will field against them in a couple of weeks is massive.

Won’t be an easy game but I’m sure we will win comfortably. Mangala was terrible against Wolves. Give him some game time in the CL matches. If he proves himself we maybe consider him 3rd choice with Vinny injured. To play Mangala in the game is asking for a loss. An unnecessary risk IMO. He needs to prove himself before getting starts in important games.

For the Leicester game, I would stick Danilo at Cb next to Stones and Walker at RB. The rest of the team picks itself and we start Kun or Jesus.

In the 4-2 loss against them in December 2016, we played the following. It was mentioned before and I couldn’t believe it so I had a look and the poster was right!!

—————————Bravo————————-
Zabaleta—Stones—Sagna——Kolarov
————Fernando——Gundogan———
D.Silva————De bruyne——J. Navas
—————————Kelechi—————

Sterling, Yaya & Nolito came on off the bench.

Sagna doesn’t have a club.
Kolarov is doing well in the slower paced Serie A.
Zabaleta is struggling at West Ham.
Fernando is in Turkey I believe, haven’t heard anything about him since.
Navas is with Sevilla.
Kelechi can’t get a start for Leicester.
Bravo is a back up.

The improvement in the line up we will field against them in a couple of weeks is massive.

Won’t be an easy game but I’m sure we will win comfortably. Mangala was terrible against Wolves. Give him some game time in the CL matches. If he proves himself we maybe consider him 3rd choice with Vinny injured. To play Mangala in the game is asking for a loss. An unnecessary risk IMO. He needs to prove himself before getting starts in important games.

For the Leicester game, I would stick Danilo at Cb next to Stones and Walker at RB. The rest of the team picks itself and we start Kun or Jesus.

that formation was after 20 minutes 2-0 down

this was how we started

—————————Bravo————————-
-----Sagna-----Stones-----Kolarov
————Zabaletta——Fernado———
----———KDB---Gundogan——-----
Navas ———Kelechi———Silva

we was all over the shop unsurprisingly but I think it was just after a crucial champions league game if I remember correctly.
One of Peps experiments that went wrong. It might have worked if there was any kind of speed in the defensive players

These lot are our/Pep's kryptonite.

Kompany better be fit. If not I'd stick Walker there.

------------Ederson
Danilo Walker Stones Delph
---------Fernandinho
----De Bruyne-----Silva
Sterling----Kun/GJ-----Sane

Don't you think you're exaggerating just a little bit? How many times is it that Pep's lost to Leicester, again?
Mahrez is still class, and I'm a bit surprised that they've managed to hang on to him. We shackle him and I really don't see where their goals are coming from. I've always considered Vardy to be basically a goal-hanger with a very fast turn of pace over ten yards or so. There's nothing canny about his play that has been visible to me. We have a vastly more skilful midfield now, and a keeper who actually stops shots.

Last edited:
Bravo and Delphs improvement are more confidence and tactics related, while Mangala lacks in basic technique, and the confidence that springs there from. I don't think its the same... But I look fwd to being wrong.

Bravo hasn't always been confident

If he starts I think mangala just needs to settle into the game first. If he does he'll be fine

Could Stones have a positive effect on Mangala? He has matured a lot this season and seems to shackle Otamendi's stupidness a lot, maybe he could do the same for Mangala? A couple seasons ago when Mangala was partnered with Kompany at the start of the season, they made a good partnership and we went on a nice run of not conceding many goals. Stones seems to have taken up that steady role, but i still don't trust Mangala to be honest. The main issues i have with him are, from what i've seen, his positioning is poor and then his use of his body when trying to position himself between himself and players/ball is poor. His ability to control the ball is poor, he lacks the foresight of how to control it so the next touch is easy for the pass and seems to have to re-position his whole body in order to move his foot into position to pass. However, all of those should be things that can be coached out of him but whether they have been, from his Wolves showing it looks like they've not.

Mangalas performance vs Wolves "B" side was terrible.
Wouldn't have him anywhere near the team.Affects the whole defence.

3-5-2
Ederson
Danilo Stones Dinho
Gundogan
Sterling KDB Silva Sane
Aguero Jesus

Don't you think you're exaggerating just a little bit? How many times is it that Pep's lost to Leicester, again?
Mahrez is still class, and I'm a bit surprised that they've managed to hang on to him. We shackle him and I really don't see where their goals are coming from. I've always considered Vardy to be basically a goal-hanger with a very fast turn of pace over ten yards or so. There's nothing canny about his play that has been visible to me. We have a vastly more skilful midfield now, and a keeper who actually stops shots.

Maybe but Pep has only ever had trouble with teams that are amazing on the counter. Leicester are pros at it (it's all they are).

The big weakness of mangala is balls down the channel for a pacey attacker.
The thing Leicester do well is put balls down the channels for their pacey attackers.
We cannot play him, it must be danilo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.