Leicester (a) pre-match thread

Leicester (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need pace at the back for this one. If kompany is fit then bring him in, if not I would give Tosin a chance.

Hopefully we don’t pick up any more injuries during the international break. This game is a definite banana skin. We got absolutely rinsed there last time and if they beat our press with the long ball over the top then we will be in serious trouble again. On paper we are much better than them but we need to respect the way they play otherwise we have another repeat of last season on our hands.

All these people saying there is no way Mangala can play?!?
If we can't sub in a £40+ million centre back for a one off game against Leicester and trust him to 'do a job' when chances are we will have over 65% possession, then I'm afraid there is something wrong with the world.
That's not to say the guy will have a blinder, but surely to God he has to be played there.....to play our very effective right back or defensive midfielder there instead, out of position, would be criminal....or even Tosin playing ahead of him would be a kick in the teeth.
Put him in and trust him to do the business.
Simple as that.

If we can't sub in a £40+ million centre back for a one off game against Leicester and trust him to 'do a job' when chances are we will have over 65% possession, then I'm afraid there is something wrong with the world.
That's not to say the guy will have a blinder, but surely to God he has to be played there.....to play our very effective right back or defensive midfielder there instead, out of position, would be criminal....or even Tosin playing ahead of him would be a kick in the teeth.
Simple as that.

The fact we payed 40+ For him is completely irrelevant
He dropped 3 howlers v a Wolves 2nd string and I don’t want to see him in the side
For one game I’m willing to put Walker there v their pace and rely on Silva KDB Sane Sterling Jesus and Aguero to help provide the goals

Simple as that.

All valid points, until you watch the Wolves game again..!

The fact we payed 40+ For him is completely irrelevant
He dropped 3 howlers v a Wolves 2nd string and I don’t want to see him in the side
For one game I’m willing to put Walker there v their pace and rely on Silva KDB Sane Sterling Jesus and Aguero to help provide the goals

All valid points, until you watch the Wolves game again..!

Haha....in fairness I was away and missed the Wolves game!!....saw the result was 0-0 and only bothered to watch the penalties online!!!

So I wasn't aware he's had a complete shocker, in which case I can very much understand the reluctance to play him again :)

As you were (cough)

Haha....in fairness I was away and missed the Wolves game!!....saw the result was 0-0 and only bothered to watch the penalties online!!!

So I wasn't aware he's had a complete shocker, in which case I can very much understand the reluctance to play him again :)

As you were (cough)
No worries mate, you have seen the light and that's all that matters ;-)

Simple as that.
For me it's not a matter of there is no way we can play Mangala, he is part of our squad and of course he can play.
The question is though. Is he the best option for Left centre back with Ottamendi injured,?From what I have seen I'm not sure.
I suspect Guardiola will go with a better ball playing option, as playing the ball out is so integral to our success.
We will see.

Simple as that.
Mangala will play and score. We will win the game by 2 goals.

Are the internationals this week / next week predominantly friendlies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.