Leicester v City Post Match Thread

I live and work in Leicester but as a mancunian I of course support the right City and its not Leicester. I was at the game in tues in the away end. The talk since Tuesday night from my Leicester supporting colleagues and friends has all been about our fabulous team and the support we showed. They are very envious of us but as others have said, gracious in defeat. They particularly liked our response to their poznan and they couldn't believe their eyes when the entire group of visitors showed them how it should be done. Proud to be Blue.

To be fair to Leicester their stadium may be smaller but its good enough for PL teams. I would love Leicester to come up and join us next season. Living local, I have a soft spot for them.

BigJoe#1 said:
A couple of quick points

1) Cheers LFC Fox, we enjoyed the game too. We will be backing you to get promoted

2) Did anyone else see Sammi at the end if the game? He walked across to a disabled person and a young kid, she (I think) must've been about 9 or10 and he called her to the edge and handed his shirt over, love it when players do that. It don't take much effort but means so much to the person

Thanks Leicester, thanks Sammi.
Mentioned in the ''celebrity pricks'' thread in the cellar, but worth airing on here as well;
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=294852&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=294852&start=10</a>

jimharri said:
BigJoe#1 said:
A couple of quick points

1) Cheers LFC Fox, we enjoyed the game too. We will be backing you to get promoted

2) Did anyone else see Sammi at the end if the game? He walked across to a disabled person and a young kid, she (I think) must've been about 9 or10 and he called her to the edge and handed his shirt over, love it when players do that. It don't take much effort but means so much to the person

Mentioned in the ''celebrity pricks'' thread in the cellar, but worth airing on here as well;
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=294852&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=294852&start=10</a>

Cheers Jim, you over a game anytime soon?

bluey1959 said:
I live and work in Leicester but as a mancunian I of course support the right City and its not Leicester. I was at the game in tues in the away end. The talk since Tuesday night from my Leicester supporting colleagues and friends has all been about our fabulous team and the support we showed. They are very envious of us but as others have said, gracious in defeat. They particularly liked our response to their poznan and they couldn't believe their eyes when the entire group of visitors showed them how it should be done. Proud to be Blue.

To be fair to Leicester their stadium may be smaller but its good enough for PL teams. I would love Leicester to come up and join us next season. Living local, I have a soft spot for them.

Most of their fans stayed to the end,they could have left at 3 - 0 but didnt.We should take a leaf out of their book,winning 7 0 and the grounds empty.

Nice atmos as well,unlike some of my previous visits there and the lovely Baby Squad.

BigJoe#1 said:
jimharri said:
BigJoe#1 said:
A couple of quick points

Cheers Jim, you over a game anytime soon?
Probably not until Feb/March time. How are you doing anyway; still cheering on Sparky?

;-)

Expected it to be much more difficult, but we got a result in a verry professional way. Highlight without a doubt Kolarov's free kick.
And again we win away from home. Alarming...

bluearmy123 said:
Fair play. Without wishing to suck you off too much, you tore as a new one. I wasn't disappointed with the scoreline moreso that we went down without a fight.

I saw your team news in the pub first and I was terrified. Then I saw ours. I may as well have gone home there and then. No de Laet- though hrs just come back from a long term injury and no Vardy- who took 3 knocks in the first half on Saturday. GTF is the kind of player you bring on once you're seeing a game out, not wanting to score first.

Your class embarassed us frankly, as did your song book. Love the kompany one as well as the anti united one with about 4 verses which you only sang once.

All the best for the rest of the season.

Up the Leicester

Good luck to Leicester. Spoke to loads of Leicester fans before and after the game. All good humorous craic. A more friendly bunch of opposing fans I have yet to meet. Hope they get promoted.

LCFC FOX said:
FantasyIreland said:
LCFC FOX said:
Anyway good luck for the season and I hope you lot win the Cup and finish higher than the red side of Manchester.

Cheers,great post.

You can always adopt us as your '2nd' club;-)

Stick around mate.
Haha you can't support two teams but I must admit I do seem to want City to win the league more than the other big clubs. Maybe it's because 99% of your fans have always supported your team unlike your neighbours.

If a team is better than us I will tell them, if we are out sung I will tell them. As I would if the support was awful. It's just nice to see a set of fans always singing and standing. In the championship we don't normally see big followings apart from Leeds, Sheff Weds, Forest and Derby. But I would put you above all of them.

As for sticking around I may just do :)[/quote]

You do that fella.. we do like input from non City fans,as most say it how it is..

good post btw.

Atmosphere inside the concourse was brilliant. Glad it actually continued into the ground too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.