Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad is going to be one of the very best in World football as far as im concerned.

Dare i say it Ronaldo-esque quality.

He’s starting to put those runs together with more frequency. It is fantastic to watch him running with the ball. This lads got everyhting, if his head is right he will win the ballon dor surely

He reminds me of a young Ronaldo. Great player with frightening potential.

Assume you mean Cristiano? I see this comparison a lot but honestly, he's a completely different player. Cristiano has neither the balance, pace, ability to beat 4 men at ease, nor guile in the last pass of Sane - not at his peak nor when he was at United. Sane is a much better traditional winger than Ronaldo was at this age. What Ronaldo then became towards the end of his United tenure and then at Real was a freak specimen and goal scoring machine. Sane is neither of those.

Assume you mean Cristiano? I see this comparison a lot but honestly, he's a completely different player. Cristiano has neither the balance, pace, ability to beat 4 men at ease, nor guile in the last pass of Sane - not at his peak nor when he was at United. Sane is a much better traditional winger than Ronaldo was at this age. What Ronaldo then became towards the end of his United tenure and then at Real was a freak specimen and goal scoring machine. Sane is neither of those.

I expect Sané's goalscoring will jump up significantly in the next 18 months. Midway through last season I wrote a post, which I've no idea where it is now, about how wingers tend to have this big jump in goalscoring at 22/23 years old. Sterling is the latest example, but it also happened to Ronaldo, Griezmann, Pedro, Sanchez etc.

Sané has pretty much everything he needs to score more goals, we just need to wait for that penny to drop like it did with Sterling and then he'll be off. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we were getting 60 goals a season from the 2 wingers in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.