Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever. Irrelevant.

Sané's main opportunity to play, came in someone else's position. The others played their own positions. Try sticking Aguero at wingback then dropping him whilst others start, see how that works.
Sterling, Aguero, Jesus all of whom have been excellent. As has Sane when played.

He played two games at wing back before we had a left back as he's the most versatile of the four mentioned above.

So wind it in and enjoy the 'problem' we have.

Whoever - Jesus and or Sterling

Irrelevant- my arse. Both are in cracking form and scoring hugely important goals.

Go bark up another tree as this one is wrong. It could not be a better situation and literally the worst possible thing you could be moaning about right now. Other teams would kill for this issue. It's also why we have a squad and why we will try and win every competition we enter this season.

Should really start tomorrow in a front 3. Wouldn't mind resting Jesus and going with Sane-Aguero-Sterling.

Competition means every player will be even more motivated to play well and improve. I am loving it.

Sterling, Aguero, Jesus all of whom have been excellent. As has Sane when played.

He played two games at wing back before we had a left back as he's the most versatile of the four mentioned above.

So wind it in and enjoy the 'problem' we have.

Whoever - Jesus and or Sterling

Irrelevant- my arse. Both are in cracking form and scoring hugely important goals.

Go bark up another tree as this one is wrong.

Why do people think it's ok to tell others what they are allowed to think ?

Your point has no merit as Sané is also in great scoring form & arguably all of his goals have been better than all of theirs bar one of Aguero's & the subs made have not always been him, coming on with plenty of game time.

But doubly irrelevant in that my whole point refers 100% to Sané not the other players. The selection is made before the game not after, with hindsight.

He got a lot of criticism for trying to fit into the team playing out of position. Then was left out to watch others, playing their own positions. He might have done it better for all we know.

If he fills in at left wingback, it should not actually mean he then gets rotated imo. If anything he should be rewarded for sacrificing his game, by starting the next one in his real position.

Then, if he doesn't perform, he will understand why he's not in the team & it will be a fair call.

Imo we are fortunate Arsenal kept Sanchez. But there is another window & it could still mean Sané has limited time to establish himself, as an equal option, in his position.

Why do people think it's ok to tell others what they are allowed to think ?

Your point has no merit as Sané is also in great scoring form & arguably all of his goals have been better than all of theirs bar one of Aguero's & the subs made have not always been him, coming on with plenty of game time.

But doubly irrelevant in that my whole point refers 100% to Sané not the other players. The selection is made before the game not after, with hindsight.

He got a lot of criticism for trying to fit into the team playing out of position. Then was left out to watch others, playing their own positions. He might have done it better for all we know.

If he fills in at left wingback, it should not actually mean he then gets rotated imo. If anything he should be rewarded for sacrificing his game, by starting the next one in his real position.

Then, if he doesn't perform, he will understand why he's not in the team & it will be a fair call.

Imo we are fortunate Arsenal kept Sanchez. But there is another window & it could still mean Sané has limited time to establish himself, as an equal option, in his position.
Utter utter wank.

You're saying you can't use hindsight but it wasn't hindsight when Pep picked teams and players that performed well. That is called foresight and it's what the fucking manager is paid for and seeing as he is at every training session, he just very may have a better idea than you which players should start. No one can argue he's picking out of form players.

It's worked every time so how in fuck's name can it be classed as a wrong decision when the other players have played well and scored?

You want to put your opinion out there in a public form yet throw your toys out of the pram when someone disagrees with them? You're not up on the whole forum thing then are you.

Sane has done everything asked if him and will get his starts in due course and probably may get one tomorrow in the league. That's great but it's not a wrong decision to have started others when those players have played well and produced the goods.

As for 'how good a goal was'? Grow up. It doesn't matter if it was from 40 yards with a back heel or from three yards with his arse. A goal is a goal.

I know this post will upset you, you have this desperate want to be seen as different in your thoughts on football and you dont react well when others don't agree and do so publically but I don't really give a shit.

You thinks it's wrong that Sane has not been starting in the league, I think it's been excellent management to get all the forwards playing very well. As I said, it's a great problem to have and whilst Sane may feel unlucky to have not started more games, that is what life at the top is all about.

Last edited:
Utter utter wank.

You're saying you can't use hindsight but it wasn't hindsight when Pep picked teams and players that performed well. That is called foresight and it's what the fucking manager is paid for and seeing as he is at every training session, he just very may have a better idea than you which players should start. No one can argue he's picking out of form players.

It's worked every time so how in fuck's name can it be classed as a wrong decision when the other players have played well and scored?

You want to put your opinion out there in a public form yet throw your toys out of the pram when someone disagrees with them? You're not up on the whole forum thing then are you.

Sane has done everything asked if him and will get his starts in due course and probably may get one tomorrow in the league. That's great but it's not a wrong decision to have started others when those players have played well and produced the goods.

As for 'how good a goal was'? Grow up. It doesn't matter if it was from 40 yards with a back heel or from three yards with his arse. A goal is a goal.

I know this post will upset you, you have this desperate want to be seen as different in your thoughts on football and you dont react well when others don't agree and do so publically but I don't really give a shit.

You thinks it's wrong that Sane has not been starting in the league, I think it's been excellent management to get all the forwards playing very well. As I said, it's a great problem to have and whilst Sane may feel unlucky to have not started more games, that is what life at the top is all about.

You had a go at me for voicing an opinion you and now are offended by me asking why you think that is ok & are saying I chucked my toys out of the pram.

Yet I have only voiced an opinion & asked a question.

I think I was quite polite.

Anyhow.

I stand by it.

Your reply was also irrelevant to the point I am making & rather hysterical.

You had a go at me for voicing an opinion you and now are offended by me asking why you think that is ok & are saying I chucked my toys out of the pram.

Yet I have only voiced an opinion & asked a question.

I think I was quite polite.

Anyhow.

I stand by it.

Your reply was also irrelevant to the point I am making & rather hysterical.
My reply is highly relevant and nothing of the sort.

The players picked to start have performed well. Sane has also performed well. They will all get their chance and there's been nothing remotely wrong with the teams and players that have started. If anything, it's been the exact opposite of wrong. It's been great management.

My reply is highly relevant and nothing of the sort.

The players picked to start have performed well. Sane has also performed well. They will all get their chance and there's been nothing remotely wrong with the teams and players that have started. If anything, it's been the exact opposite of wrong. It's been great management.

In the case of Sané, I am not convinced that it was good management, more sheer talent from Sané forcing everyone to notice him, with limited opportunity.

I am only talking about Sané's situation, nothing else, so no point mentioning Pep's other decisions as I'm not arguing against them.

Imo Sané has made himself very difficult to leave out, by his own ability & well done to him.

In the case of Sané, I am not convinced that it was good management, more sheer talent from Sané forcing everyone to notice him, with limited opportunity

The problem is that opinion is based on...nothing.

You've got nothing to indicate either way, and haven't offered any reason for people reading your comments to believe your opinion that it's bad management from Guardiola, and not good management pushing a young player to improve, as he's done plenty of times before.

The problem is that opinion is based on...nothing.

You've got nothing to indicate either way, and haven't offered any reason for people reading your comments to believe your opinion that it's bad management from Guardiola, and not good management pushing a young player to improve, as he's done plenty of times before.

You or I don't know if it's bad management.

And nobody has any more insight on that than I do, just their opinion, same as mine.

My opinion is, it wasn't fair on Sané, to play wingback (after being left out for a lot of pre season) then, after getting a lot of criticism for his part in the Everton goal, being given very limited time to put it right.

It's a huge credit to him imo, that he has. And the credit for his performance for me, is his, not Pep's.

If you want players to do unselfish stuff, to the detriment of their own game, imo it's a good thing to reward them afterwards. Pep may have used some hidden genius psycholgy to get that out of him. I don't know. But my own feeling is he didn't & that had Sanchez been here, Sané wouldn't have appeared v Liverpool at all.

But the actual original point I was making is more relevant to that detail. We planned on Sanchez, moreso than trusting Sterling & Sané & I always wanted Sterling & Sané.

I hope from now on, we try to get as much out of Sané as we can because I think he might have a chance of becoming our best player. So I want him to be happy & be a blue. Not sulking on the bench. That's actually my main point.

You or I don't know if it's bad management.

And nobody has any more insight on that than I do, just their opinion, same as mine.

My opinion is, it wasn't fair on Sané, to play wingback (after being left out for a lot of pre season) then, after getting a lot of criticism for his part in the Everton goal, being given very limited time to put it right.

It's a huge credit to him imo, that he has. And the credit for his performance for me, is his, not Pep's.

If you want players to do unselfish stuff, to the detriment of their own game, imo it's a good thing to reward them afterwards. Pep may have used some hidden genius psycholgy to get that out of him. I don't know. But my own feeling is he didn't & that had Sanchez been here, Sané wouldn't have appeared v Liverpool at all.

But the actual original point I was making is more relevant to that detail. We planned on Sanchez, moreso than trusting Sterling & Sané & I always wanted Sterling & Sané.

I hope from now on, we try to get as much out of Sané as we can because I think he might have a chance of becoming our best player. So I want him to be happy & be a blue. Not sulking on the bench. That's actually my main point.

Why isn't it fair to ask him to play a position he played last season, and played very well, in some big games, and to critical acclaim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.