Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played really well off the ball and was always looking for it in dangerous positions. One issue we are having at the moment is the pass in behind to him. He likes to dummy run and come short to keep the defender on their toes. Recently when he dummy runs we are playing the ball and when he runs we are missing the opportunity or leaving it too late so he abandons as he is offside.

Happened with Gundogan in 2nd half when there were so many options on. We have to be more clinical. It was disappointing not o score more yesterday. Not an issue with sane in that regard though.

Credit to him for being such a threat when he has a full back cemented 10 to 15 yards behind him. No overlap so always two defenders on him and he is still causing issues.

Worth remembering some great technique from Leroy got us the corner for the first goal.

Every match Leroy does something that ends in a goal it seems, if not an assist or the finish. Dangerous player.
To add, he's clearly worked on his right foot, especially in the shooting capacity.

My only complaint is that as a team, after seeing Sané had Trippier on toast, we didn't really go after it.

If we had, I doubt he'd have been on the pitch for 90 minutes, or we'd have walked the ball in as he couldn't lay a hand on Leroy whenever he was 1v1.

He was in the mood today and his workrate these past couple of games have been outstanding aswel. The son chance that he came back and tackled him was great to see

Honestly think he's the fastest dribbler I've ever seen. You don't see wingers literally just round fullbacks inside 10 yards, yet when he's on it he does it for fun. Sent Trippier back to Burnley tbh

People have criticised him the past few weeks but in all honesty the way Huddersfield, West Ham and Southampton defended made it really difficult for our attacking players to shine. Spurs tried to play today which gave Sané more space to operate and more players available in and around the box for him to pick out. He was exquisite today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.