Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
U can't argue with messis goals record and his list of honours is ridiculous really. It far out weighs marradonas. And I don't think him not winning a world cup tarnishes him at all.

There are a few things where I personally think Maradona "beats" Messi if that's the right word. It's only opinion though.
Maradona played I think 8 years in the Italian league with one of the lesser clubs. Italian defending and the italian league in general I would say was about the best defensive league in the world back then. He took napolI to league titles and cup success. He was kicked from pillar to post with hardly any protection unlike today's footballers. And he played on far inferior pitches but still had Unbelievable ball control and skill.

My only slight criticism if that's the right word with Messi is that he has played for arguably the most dominant team in a league which is less superior than the league competition wise that Maradona played in. If Maradona played for barca now then I would say he would probably score around the same amount of goals as Messi. That's not messis fault obviously. But Maradona went to different Leagues and proved himself to be the best. Messi hasn't and probably doesn't need to I guess.
But that's where I think Maradona slightly beats Messi.
But then Messi beats Diego in goals scored and probably assists as well I would guess.

They are both total geniuses though and I'm a huge Messi fan but maybe my judgment is slightly clouded because when I was a kid and watched Maradona at the height of his powers I thought he would never be bettered.
Does that make sense? Hope so. :-)

Yeah maradona was some player,he was the inspiration and driving force behind Napoli's league title win in 1987 a bit like Leicester city's title win as in achievement..

Yeah maradona was some player,he was the inspiration and driving force behind Napoli's league title win in 1987 a bit like Leicester city's title win as in achievement..

Why is the best player in the world playing with a team equivalent to Leicester City?

So as good as Vardy?

Only kidding one of the best players ever and there are too many different factors to compare him & Messi.

If you ask a Argentine I'm guessing most head would say Messi, but heart Maradonna

Why is the best player in the world playing with a team equivalent to Leicester City?
He chose the underdog because it was the sort of person he was. The rich north vs the poor south suited him. Messi, although more professional, is not as gifted as Maradona was.

So as good as Vardy?

Only kidding one of the best players ever and there are too many different factors to compare him & Messi.

If you ask a Argentine I'm guessing most head would say Messi, but heart Maradonna

I would actually say most Argentinians would say Maradona is still the greatest regardless. The only way Messi elevates himself above Maradona is to help Argentina win the World Cup before he now calls it a day. For the Argentinian people what Maradona did all those years ago has never been repeated.

Actually achieve something at international level?

Fucking hell mate do me a favour. He's got 118 caps and 58 goals, their all time top goalscorer. They've been to a copa America and world cup final with him. Are those not achievementS?

Fucking hell mate do me a favour. He's got 118 caps and 58 goals, their all time top goalscorer. They've been to a copa America and world cup final with him. Are those not achievementS?
Compared to Maradona; no they're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.