Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am old enough to have been privileged to see both play in the flesh.
In my humble opinion although Messi's goal scoring record is greater, Maradona was the most talented individual I have ever seen.
People are forgetting he was not really an out and out striker but more a creator of goals and play. Maradona also did not have the luxury of playing in a team of superstars that dominated European football for over a decade.
I would say Messi is the finisher but Maradona could make goals as well as finish them.

I am old enough to have been privileged to see both play in the flesh.
In my humble opinion although Messi's goal scoring record is greater, Maradona was the most talented individual I have ever seen.
People are forgetting he was not really an out and out striker but more a creator of goals and play. Maradona also did not have the luxury of playing in a team of superstars that dominated European football for over a decade.
I would say Messi is the finisher but Maradona could make goals as well as finish them.

i agree sir.

Messi for me, put messi in that Argentina team of 86 up against the rapid terry butcher, peter Reid, terry fenwick, Gary Stevens, Steve hodge etc etc, the argies wouldn't have needed a cheated goal to win the match, messi would have crucified that lot

He chose the underdog because it was the sort of person he was. The rich north vs the poor south suited him. Messi, although more professional, is not as gifted as Maradona was.

Explain why he isn't as gifted.

Messi for me, put messi in that Argentina team of 86 up against the rapid terry butcher, peter Reid, terry fenwick, Gary Stevens, Steve hodge etc etc, the argies wouldn't have needed a cheated goal to win the match, messi would have crucified that lot

What are you talking about, defenders back then were better, they were real tough men.

Edit: sarcasm is hard to detect online so just incase, huge sarcasm.

Messi is a better player then Diego no doubt in my mind. Everyone is say that maradona was kicked if the pitch which is true but the standard of what it takes to be a professional footballer has moved on leaps and bounds since then. Players are alot more professional, athletic and tactically aware now. Even good solid players from the 90s would struggle to make a career in this hype competitive era in my opinion.

Compared to Maradona; no they're not.

Firstly, that's not what he said. He said "actually achieve something".

Secondly, you're talking bollocks. It's such a reductive comparison I'm not even wasting my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.