Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think, arthur, that the brand of football exhibited by Liverpool is rarely seen on the training grounds. I can't imagine that Pep does a morning where he has Eddie, Ruben, Nathan, Stonesy 'n Manny booting the ball up the pitch and Haaland chasing after it, or Carsssssssssoooooooonnnn doing similar and Ruben trying to defend it. But it seems it's the only way, other than the career worldy, where we concede. We're suckers for the hoofball concession.
And this is the annoying thing for me. It's 100% clear exactly what tactics and what game they are going to play beforehand There is no surprises. So why not adjust your tactics for just one game. One single game, just for 90 minutes be pragmatic and set your stall out to stop them for the good of the team and the club? Win the game collect the three points, get back on the bus and come home job done? I know Pep has his 'philosophy and playing style but sometimes he seems he just wants to cut off his nose to spite his face.

And this is the annoying thing for me. It's 100% clear exactly what tactics and what game they are going to play beforehand There is no surprises. So why not adjust your tactics for just one game. One single game, just for 90 minutes be pragmatic and set your stall out to stop them for the good of the team and the club? Win the game collect the three points, get back on the bus and come home job done? I know Pep has his 'philosophy and playing style but sometimes he seems he just wants to cut off his nose to spite his face.

When we beat them at Anfield in 2021 Pep employed the tactic of slowing the game down to walking pace and not vacating the full back spaces. We kept it tight up to about 60 minutes on Sunday. Then the shackles came off and we started to have a go at them, city moving higher up the pitch gave them what they wanted and situations to counter quickly.

I think he is a little desperate to redress the win balance with Klopp and he relishes a hefty score line and sets up accordingly.

Reactions: PPT
We didn't deserve to lose, but probably didn't do enough to win it either. A draw would have been fair. We've not been that good so far this season. Haaland is masking that fact because he's been so prolific. We were poor against Palace in the first half. We were poor at Newcastle, letting them create chances at will. We were pretty stale at Villa Park as well. The home game against Dortmund we were way off it.

It was always going to take time to adjust to having a target man. We went from not finding him enough to now looking for him too much and not having the right balance between our typical patient build-up and getting the ball to Haaland. Others have to step up and support him and make those usual movements to help break teams down. I don't think the formation suited us at all, but we go again this weekend. Brighton have been playing well, they just lack a striker. It's the perfect opportunity for us to get things back on track. Win our next 4 league games before the WC and I think we'll be within 1-2pts of Arsenal. I think they'll drop points over the coming games.

When we beat them at Anfield in 2021 Pep employed the tactic of slowing the game down to walking pace and not vacating the full back spaces. We kept it tight up to about 60 minutes on Sunday. Then the shackles came off and we started to have a go at them, city moving higher up the pitch gave them what they wanted and situations to counter quickly.
It is more difficult to keep calm with fans and noises. Frankly we were a bit out of control in spells in the first half and rushed in the 2nd half even before Salah goal. They had several good chances before the goal. The bad ref also contributed to the frustration.

But that's exactly the point - if the rules say it has to be a "clear and obvious error", subsequently if it isn't then VAR shouldn't be involved.

If a shirt pull is a foul then it has to be given every time it's seen. If the ref has seen it and plays on, there's absolutely no point if it means a goal is scored a few seconds later then is chalked off. If the ref hasn't seen it, i.e. can't see it, then it's not an error. How can not being able to see something be an error, "clear and obvious" or otherwise?

This idea of letting the game flow needs to be clarified. at what point is a foul not a foul? And if you're going to let it go then you can't pull it back later on because it's resulted in a goal, it's ridiculous.
Every single shirt pull in the box should be a penalty but it hardly ever is.
Absolutely spot on about letting the game flow.

One incident in the game which has appeared to be overlooked , when we were attacking Alty dedided to stop the game to send off Clubshop , never seen this happen before , usually a ref waits until the ball is out of play and then approaches the bench ,it must be a Klanfield thing to break up any attacking momentum , c*nts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.