Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think, arthur, that the brand of football exhibited by Liverpool is rarely seen on the training grounds. I can't imagine that Pep does a morning where he has Eddie, Ruben, Nathan, Stonesy 'n Manny booting the ball up the pitch and Haaland chasing after it, or Carsssssssssoooooooonnnn doing similar and Ruben trying to defend it. But it seems it's the only way, other than the career worldy, where we concede. We're suckers for the hoofball concession.
Should learn really...everyone up front for a free kick away from home to the team suported by the Danish ...not many scouse lets get this clear for the meeja cunts

I keep reading this but it simply isn’t true. He’s had one great game this season when he ran at defenders and terrorised then. In the next game he reverted to stop, turn and pass back.

If Foden wasn’t prepared to run at Milner it’s probably because he was under orders, the same orders Grealish would have been under.

Besides that, if you play Grealish who are you leaving out, Foden ? If you leave out Gundo or Bernie you completely change the setup.

Well
If you recall recent starts of Grealish...

Grealish ran at players during our preseason in USA. It was friendly but bayern munich was a proper team. He ran at players vs Wolves, United, Copenhagen(home) and Sevilla.... But much less so in the other games.

Guess what is the common between these games?

Gundo did not play as left midfielder. (Gundo started as holding midfielder vs United)
Either KDB played as a 10 or Bernado played as a 8 in those games.

It is not rocket science. Gundo likes to do third man run and he usually occupies left halfspace. Grealish is most effective when he cuts inside and makes dialog runs. So when he pairs with Gundo, they actually block each other natural attacking path pattern which nullify the threat from the left.

Having now calmed down, it happens, we lost, and we will lose again a few times this season for sure... How we react is vital let's Start by smashing Brighton into oblivion and hopefully get ourselves in good position for the world Cup break

The thread was removed but I really want to say something.

As a fanbase we need to be careful of how this proceeds. There's no denying things keep getting uglier and uglier and an executive level and worse and worse at a fan level. It's useless to argue who is forcing the issue, and let's be honest it's a very one way hostility. We all know it and we all feel it bubbling up.

The media don't help, they don't want to help and they have a vested interest in protecting one of the fan bases as their colleagues have lost jobs, business and money making comments on them in the past, meanwhile the other group are under the microscope for everything. Even when they donated income to a match they were said to have only done it as a PR move and deserve no credit.

My biggest concern is, on purpose or by accident, a Liverpool fan is going to seriously (god forbid mortally) hurt. Not because they are more important than City fans. I want no one to get hurt but it seems increasingly likely with how things are escalating. But, Seriously consider the state of play if that happens. City will never live it down, the fan base will be attacked (with zero respite and zero sympathy) and they will never allow anyone to ever forget it. All of their behavior will be vidicated. In short; they will win.

We have to be smart. We can't let them win. No matter how bad they are, we can't stoop to their level

Last edited:
The thread was removed but I really want to say something.

As a fanbase we need to be careful of how this proceeds. There's no denying things keep getting uglier and uglier and an executive level and worse and worse at a fan level. It's useless to argue who is forcing the issue, and let's be honest it's a very one way hostility. We all know it and we all feel it bubbling up.

The media don't help, they don't want to help and they have a vested interest in protecting one of the fan bases as their colleagues have lost jobs, business and money making comments on them in the past, meanwhile the other group are under the microscope for everything. Even when they donated income to a match they were said to have only done it as a PR move and deserve no credit.

My biggest concern is, on purpose or by accident, a Liverpool fan is going to seriously (god forbid mortally) hurt. Not because they are more important than City fans. I want no one to get hurt but it seems increasingly likely with how things are escalating. But, Seriously consider the state of play if that happens. City will never live it down, the fan base will be attacked (with zero respite and zero sympathy) and they will never allow anyone to ever forget it. All of their behavior will be vidicated. In short; they will win.

We have to be smart. We can't let them win. No matter how bad they are, we can't raise to their level
Well said, let's win the league again and rub it in.

Post match I was so consumed by all the important things that angered me that I forgot about a trivial little thing which is still pretty annoying ….. why did Tyler constantly refer to Firmino as “Bobby Firmino” .

Commentators refer to players only by their surnames, always have done, so with his track record of shockingly poor impartiality we can only assume that doddery old Tyler was trying to ingratiate himself with dippers fans by referring to him as Bobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.