Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hoping for an early birthday present yesterday but alas not to be. However, I woke up this morning to find that I'm still a City fan, when they wake up they'll find they're still feral scouse weirdos so in the broader scheme of things I'm feeling quite blessed despite yesterday's result.

There were lots of mediocre performances and some poor ones. The player I was left the most frustrated by was Foden, up against a 37 year old he never ran at him once. Milner probably couldn’t believe how easy his game was. Cancealo is ok going forward but should never be left as the only defender as he is useless at it. Pep really needs to learn to stop over respecting good teams and trust his usual formation as it normally works.

My thoughts too. Still to play Chelsea, Arse, Spuds etc and now we don't look like the champions of the universe. We look good when battering Forest etc, but first game against a "bigger" team and we fold.
Against forest we just went for the throat. Played with pace. I think we’d have been fine had we done same yesterday but we played with the handbrake on.

There's a fine line and certainly when you see a Liverpool team fielding Milner and Gomez.

The first half was far too passive and gave Liverpool the belief they could hang in the game and get something.

Allison had little to do, the VAR decision probably right, although we know the decision process is open to corruption.

We didn't get close enough to goal and accomodating Gundo (again) has the impact of moving the other chess pieces, sometimes to the detriment of players starting in their best positions.

Forget all the talk about Erling, the title being in the bag.

Need to regain our momentum because Arsenal are playing without pressure still and Chelsea are hiding in the shadows.

Winnable games coming up and quite happy to lose battles, as long as we keep winning the majority of the wars.
Agree with you here, this was a big opportunity for us to attack their weaknesses but we really didn't do that. That is why the result is so frustrating. We will never win every game, we won't play well in every game and I don't think every fan would expect us too.
We seem to make the same mistakes there all the time, I agree with your earlier comment about it not being the players who are scared but Pep. I find it odd that a man who is so successful can appear so full of doubt and uncertainty when it comes to them.
Yes, we have winnable games coming up but that also means we are going to have an awful lot of games post Christmas that will be quite tough. I also think Chelsea are going to put a run together.
Anyway, I am still disappointed by the result this morning. I really thought we could do it this time.

8. Thiago deserved a red for the tackle on Rodri.
9. We need a Dinho or NDJ type midfielder to take Thiago's legs home as Souvenirs.
We have in Philips, anyway onwards and upwards and anyone looking for a few quid load on West Ham this week versus this lot. They had their cup final yesterday and will be brought dowm to earth quick enough then.

Are we ignoring the Haaland free header and the fact we were chasing the game and we took chances at the back in the last ten minutes , but the good news , Nunez is dogshit.
I was responding to someone saying Liverpool had 2 chances in the whole game rather than what we created mate

It’s funny how always get shouted down if you dare slag him off as a defender.

Yesterday was unreal, still beggars belief that he would take such a risk, and what’s worse is he’d already done it earlier in the game too.
He really had a game to forget. I know in the context of the goal it's a minor thing but I was also peeved at his miscontrol of the ball on the sideline in the dying minutes of the game, had no pressure on him either, just a lapse in concentration.

We have in Philips, anyway onwards and upwards and anyone looking for a few quid load on West Ham this week versus this lot. They had their cup final yesterday and will be brought dowm to earth quick enough then.
Don't think so. Phillips would probably get himself injured trying to get the job done. Those guys where fucking anvils, Phillips is a hammer made out of cheese crackers.

Having calmed down a bit post the loss I still think the set up was wrong. From memory the last big game we played 3 at the back was Lyon in the CL and we got done. It doesn't suit what we have or how we play. It completely isolated Kev who was poor, but he couldn't get involved in the first half, and we lacked any tempo when we broke. Countless times Bernardo slowed our attacks down in the first half by either stopping or going backwards with the ball, he lifted massively in the second half, he always does. Found that odd of him in the first half so surely he was playing to instructions.

The idea we have to cater the set up to get Gundogan into the line up in big games has to go, we end up with to many players in the middle and it just clutters the midfield. I thought Jack would've given Milner fits, same with Foden on the right against Robertson who's been out of their side for a while on form.

I guess it's done now and it's about how we rebound from a poor performance and loss, still spewing we lost the chance to get at them and get three points at that dump. We usually rebound well from a poor performance and I feel we have to win our remaining matches until the World Cup.

Reactions: PPT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.