Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

I expected us to tire later on in the game but from the minute the second half kicked off we looked lethargic all over the pitch.
I’m fucking sick of us backing off and backing off when the opposition are running at us. Stand your ground and get in front of the ball as high up the pitch as possible.
We looked like we were running through treacle in the second half. I don’t get how they can switch off after such a magnificent first 45. Too many passengers in this team when the going gets tough. I’m fucking gutted how we have gone out with a whimper after such a promising start. Even though we can once again point at decisions that have fucked us, tonight is on us, sadly.

The bullshit disallowed goal was the killer.

We needed that to take into the 2nd half. Needing 3 2nd half goals when we had clearly spent alot of energy in the 1st was always gonna be nigh on impossible. Needing just 2 may have given the players a 2nd wind.

Gave it a go and it was always a long shot. Some poor defensive performances and two very sloppy goals. We didn’t look at it from the minute the second half kicked in.

No complaints overall though. Liverpool deserved to win over the 2 legs. That first leg killed us

We probably didn't look at coz at that point the tie could have been 3-2 to City if not for shit refereeing decisions over both ties. I'll give Liverpool credit for taking their chances but make no mistake, City were cheated in both games.

About 40 chances for us and 3 goals and about 7 chances for the opposition and 5 goals conceeded.

THAT is the problem - not referees.

Two poor second halves after two great first halves is a pattern not a conspiracy.

We have to win Saturday as losing 4 on the trot will do huge damage to next season even given we do limp over the line this season as we will.

This awful week HAS to end.

referees is EXACTLY the problem, we let in two goals because there was everything to play for in attack leaving us stretched at the back. Refs and bad luck have playd their part

Great performance from us tonight. We lost the game in the first 45 mins last week. We were very very unlucky with ref decisions, 2 perfectly good goals ruled out and salah was offside last week. I’m much less annoyed by this than I am about the derby.

I think playing Liverpool has highlighted that we don’t have anyone clinical up front except aguero. I think we need a goal machine in the summer

I thought we gave serious effort for 55 minutes.. The away goal killed us which is understandable. Bringing Bernardo off was a bit mental I thought. I thought he was excellent and showed exactly what we bought him for...and I will admit the first 2 months I wasn't sure about him.

To all those who are saying its bad defending etc to excuse the result are missing the point

Do you think that if City had be 2-0 at half time tonight as they should have been and with the place rocking as it would have been that City would have lost the game? The issue is we will never know but what we do know for a fact is that a perfectly good goal for City was disallowed by the referee which completely changed the atmosphere of the match

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.