Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

An absolute classic from the Guardian minute by minute:

66 min: Alexander-Arnold replaces Nunes. It’s staggering how much world class talent Klopp has assembled without the help of oil money.

George Tyrrell emails in:

“It’s just lazy journalism,” he says of my comment concerning Klopp’s lack of oil money.

“He’s had as much money available to him as most top world clubs. They haven’t been stuck for a pound , and it’s not like the entire Liverpool team are academy results. Change the record. The guardians [sic] love in with Klopp is embarrassing.”

Our esteemed journalist replies:

The amount of money is not the topic here, George. I’m talking about the the source of that money. And for me, that does change the narrative.

-----

How does the source of the money a manager spends affect the quality of the players he can buy?

I assume he got the job as a journalist because he forgot to send off his application for village idiot.

“Oil money” is a dog whistle to Middle East racist tropes, an unpleasant term you’d think the Guardian in their “wokeness” would want to avoid.

But it fits their agenda so it’s fine.

“Oil money” is a dog whistle to Middle East racist tropes, an unpleasant term you’d think the Guardian in their “wokeness” would want to avoid.

But it fits their agenda so it’s fine.

They keep quiet about Standard chartered as a source of money for them. Didn’t they get fined for laundering money for Iran, Iran that are backing the Houthis in Yemen who are in turn firing missiles at Western ships?

Fuck me, this is going to be absolutely unbearable isn’t it?

I mean it’s bad now, but it’s going to get so much worse.

The upside this, the Scousers would believe the whole world wants them to walk away with four trophies this season. Wouldn’t it be fantastic if City put them to bed in the two competitions both clubs can meet in, that would be glorious.

They keep quiet about Standard chartered as a source of money for them. Didn’t they get fined for laundering money for Iran, Iran that are backing the Houthis in Yemen who are in turn firing missiles at Western ships?

When the UAE were at war with the neighbouring Houthis they used it as a stick to beat us. Block the fucking canal & it’s ok for us to bomb fuck out of them.

Maybe geo-politics is complicated…..

The funniest thing about that was they obviously had that bus stickered up in advance. Big gaps where the missing trophies were meant to be.
The re spray to remove the PL & CL trophies wasn’t very good - there’s an outline just about makeoutable, and the quickly chosen replacement ‘Winners’ is on the onk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.