Mad Hatter - New York

Great place, have been many times.

I was actually there for the derby; it was jam packed and absolutely bouncing at half-time. I was even interviewed by an Amazon camera crew (that knew near nothing about football or City, funny enough) with Kev and few other random blues afterward. Not sure it’ll be used, though.

Those saying it closed for a reason don’t understand the challenges facing non-franchise establishments in NYC. Everyone is being priced out at lease renewals, most intentionally so by landlords that want to sell to developers (or are being forced to). It’s really a wonder it lasted in that location as long as it did—probably due to it being a great pub.

Hello mad eyed screamer.you are quite correct.it cost a fortune.there was 5 of us and we got stuck in a room at the ramada plaza hotel in Newark.what made it worse 4 of us were males and one of males Gary was with his wife Kay.i felt really sorry for her.thankfully we are all still the best of friends.we went everyday to New York x shuttle bus and in the main visited the mad hatter and I will never forget their help and that's why I visit their whenever I get over to New York.bad result Wednesday and yesterday
Tony the ex Bobby? Didn't know your second name but remember the story of 5 in a room!! Was in NYC in November and found a dive bar on 9th avenue just North of Times Square, 3 dollars for a beer, free hotdogs and a beer and a shot for 5 dollars! Beer was a bit on the shite side but made a change from paying 10-12 dollars (more in the posh gaffs) for a large beer.

Great place, have been many times.

I was actually there for the derby; it was jam packed and absolutely bouncing at half-time. I was even interviewed by an Amazon camera crew (that knew near nothing about football or City, funny enough) with Kev and few other random blues afterward. Not sure it’ll be used, though.

Those saying it closed for a reason don’t understand the challenges facing non-franchise establishments in NYC. Everyone is being priced out at lease renewals, most intentionally so by landlords that want to sell to developers (or are being forced to). It’s really a wonder it lasted in that location as long as it did—probably due to it being a great pub.
Yep noticed how property prices have gone through the roof, me and Mrs Hammo walked from Battery Park to Time Square on a Sunday night (ended up a bit pissed as we called in bars at about 20 minute intervals) I think it was Little Italy where there was an apartment development starting at "just" 1.5m for a small flat, it's gone very expensive NYC, would imagine a 25 year mortgage on that would be about 6k dollars a month .

Me & my dad were hoping on going here in September. Massive shame hopefully we'll find somewhere else.

This is quite unfortunate. Was last here for the 6-1 with my son who attended Fordham at the time. Was just lovely to be in a room full of blues on that special day. The best part was it cemented my son as a blue that day. Good news everywhere.
If someone does determine the new location please advise. Thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.