Maicon its time to get off the Man City Metrolink ride

Thought he wasn't great yesterday, but generally when he's played I think he's done quite well in previous games to be honest. Passing wise as others have said, he really does ping it about pretty impressively for a right back.

I suggest you go on YouTube to see why he has won what he has.

As for the bit about when he is stood there waiting to come on, that's what people thought when he came on v Spuds and even started Bale chants, Maicon then proceeded to boss him and even beat him in a sprint for the ball. Could argue he won the game for us as well because it completely changed the game.

CTID101 said:
As for the bit about when he is stood there waiting to come on, that's what people thought when he came on v Spuds and even started Bale chants, Maicon then proceeded to boss him and even beat him in a sprint for the ball. Could argue he won the game for us as well because it completely changed the game.

lol - I'm sure that's what i just said - but maybe not so eloquently.

This is why I wish we kept a reserve team rather than just the under21s (I know 3 overs can play but it stunts the development of younger players)

Maicon/Sinclair etc and others who are out of the team can appear rusty because they are not playing football on a regular enough basis.

I thought Maicon was neither good nor bad

the Viera type/bit part player did well yesterday consideribg his limited game time.

I used to be wary of his potential squad contribution, now I think I see why Bobby Manc signed him.

Depth, experience, different.

Played a lovely little dink through to Silva I think it was at one point, but apart from that was poor. I watched him closely and he looked way off the pace. Knowing how long it seems to have taken our players to get fully match fit this season he might be ok for the start of next season if he doesn't get any injury setbacks and he continues to play through the summer

He did alright, his cross/passing ability is really top notch and he's not afraid to take players on

Hmmm, funny how diferent people see things, whenever he comes on I feel something will be created. To my mind he seems to be one of the best impact players we have off the bench.

He's been out for a while to be fair so won't be completely match sharp yet. Despite that he did some good stuff yesterday and offers us something different, and an experienced head when we need it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.