Maicon its time to get off the Man City Metrolink ride

31 year old, Champions League winning, multiple title winning, 66 Brazilian capped player comes on at 4 nil up against lower league opposition, I'm not that surprised he wasn't particularly motivated.

He's clearly still got a lot of quality, passing, first touch, crossing, shooting, dribbling, but defensively inconsistent like he's always been and past his physical peak. He's been pretty much exactly what I expected. A shame he was injured for so long, he could've made a difference.

Chaps, it's a game of opinions as they say, and in mine I simply cannot believe anyone can come on here and slag a player of the quality of Maicon off ! To say he was poor yesterday is unbelievable. He has been injured and up until his injury I thought he was superb in several games,including the Tottenham one as some have mentioned. I am sure some people have got nothing better to do than come and here and try and cause trouble. This guy has won more than Micah Richards will ever win at both club and international level. He was, is and always will be a better footballer than Micah Richards, decent though Micah is. Maicon played a ball to Silva ( as some have mentioned ) that Micah Richards would never play in his entire career because he has not got the ability of this guy. Beam me up Scotty !

Maicon reminds me of when we signed Vieira. Even though he will not be a regular starter, his experience will have a positive effect on both Zabaleta and Richards and the rest of our squad.

I really don't get some City fans! I was at the match yesterday and Dzeko passed the ball of the pitch twice and the fans clapped, Zabaleta put a cross from a great position into the keepers hands and got clapped but when Kolarov or Maicon did something wrong everyone is huffing and saying wtf is he doing! You cant just accept bad passes from players you prefer over others you don't they are all our players. Maicon did play bad at first when he came on but he grew into the game and made some decent runs and passes.

blueyorkie said:
Hmmm, funny how diferent people see things, whenever he comes on I feel something will be created. To my mind he seems to be one of the best impact players we have off the bench.
I agree with this.

His pace has near enough gone but he can still contribute in a rotating system, and I think he will do.

When he's played, he hasn't put a foot wrong IMO.

Just looks unfit and if I'm being honest a tad overweight. Why is it there seems to be a correlation between being South American and putting on weight after you've hit 30? Richards is leagues ahead of him in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.